Condado de Huelva???

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
soyyo
Tourist

Condado de Huelva???

Postby soyyo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Any ideas where to get a good meal in the Condado de Huelva area? I m new here and like to eat out or have a snack and a drink sometimes....
anybody from this area?
Saludos,
soyyo... :wave:

ValL
Resident

Re: Condado de Huelva???

Postby ValL » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Hello and welcome from along the way in Ayamonte. Sorry can't help with eating places there, hope you find somewhere.

soyyo
Tourist

Postby soyyo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for the "Hello"....get the feeling I am the only non spanish here in my area...???? Can´t be...no hay un sitio in andalucia sin alemanes o ingleses, no??? *lol* :crazy:

soyyo.....

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Hello and welcome. Where exactly are you living? I have not heard of Condado de Huelva and can't find it on Google Maps. I know of a lot of 'de Condados' that way but not the place you mention.
Brian.

soyyo
Tourist

Postby soyyo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello Rafiki.....The Condado de Huelva is not far from your place....that is the area around Almonte, Bollullos, La Palma....just in between Sevilla and Portugal....of course, the best place to be lol

soyyo

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi. That's what I thought but you don't mention which town. My eating area extends only as far as Hinojos. There are a few places there to eat but may be too far for you.
Brian.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Go shopping in Carrefour, Aldi and Lidl at La Palma del Condado and over the bridge at Bolloullos Par Del Condado and you are sure to meet the English folk who live in the area. I think you will find there are quite a few!

A place we like to eat in Bolloullous par de Condado (dont know the name) but as you go over the bridge from La Palma to Bolloullos at the roundabout you will see a service road on the left hand side
running parallel to the main road its always been very good, its not expensive, but its not one of the cheaper places either. If you get to Lidl you have gone to far.

In Almonte we like the place directly in front of the church.

Like Rafiki I have not heard of the place you live in?

soyyo
Tourist

Postby soyyo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Thanks...guess I could find the place in Bollullos...

No: I am here since a few weeks but havent met any english or germans so far...
I ve read about a place in Beas...The Oliv or so... guess I will check this out first....will let you know.

New home is in between Villarrasa and Niebla....the best place to be, of course :clap: ;-)))

Thanks .... open for all ideas...

soyyo

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi soyyo,
Guess you will getting hungry by now....eight days since your first post..... :(

Try any place that does Menu del Dia..........7-10 euro will cover a three course good meal with drink and café.

Up this way some of the best places are at the Garages(Petrol Stations) with Restaurantes attached.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

soyyo
Tourist

Postby soyyo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:52 pm

thanks for the idea with the gasstation....have to say, that this is not where I am looking for....
We like like goood food combined with clean and good service in a pleasant atmosphere....
Open for more ideas....
just read about a place in Beas....guess we will check this out...and I will let u know despues...;-))

soyyo

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi soyyo,
"thanks for the idea with the gasstation....have to say, that this is not where I am looking for..."

I would recommend the Shell Petrol Station any time for a traveller passing Alcala on the N-432

https://foursquare.com/v/shell-puerta-a ... 74a/photos

Doesn't help you, but just look around and pop in to places in your area, found some gems up this way.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:29 pm

soyyo wrote:....have to say, that this is not where I am looking for....
We like like goood food combined with clean and good service in a pleasant atmosphere....
Hinojos, the town I mentioned earlier, may not the be for you then:

La Choza - excellent entrecote Argentino, country atmosphere, indifferent service. Closed Monday.

Casa Nati - good food, wide menu, good service and passable atmosphere since they moved the TV and dimmed the lights a bit. Closed Tuesday

Asador de Juan - Passable food, reasonable service. Usually only open at weekends in winter. I can only eat there in summer outside. In winter, inside, the acoustics are terrible and impossible to hear anything when even half full.

There is a Mexican place which I haven't visited.

In our village there is the Ardea Purpurea hotel. Spectacular choza architecture, very interesting decor, good ambiance. Some sort of Michelin award. Food ok, quite expensive (for the area), service good.

Hope this helps.
Brian.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Casa Nati is closed down and up for Sale:(

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:10 pm

What a shame. It was the best of the bunch in my opinion.
Brian.

soyyo
Tourist

Postby soyyo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 pm

o.k. o.k.....
guess I wanted to read something like: oh, close to La Palma is the best place I have ever been...great food and just around the corner is a nice little bar with great music from the 70th...good mix of people there...yeap, guess this is what I was hoping to read.... :crazy: :crazy:
Thanks a lot...guess one trip will get us to Hinojos...maybe we will check the Aracena area for a weekend... maybe I will take cooking-classes...and cocktail-mixing classes on top..... :angel:
Will keep u informed...
soyyo...
still no giris at aldi or lidl.... :oops: :oops:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Hay soyyo,
The guys down your way have give you their best shot, now its up to you to go out and find some nice places.......its not rocket science.........go to places the locals eat...........where the lorry drivers park up for lunch .........I've not come across a bad place up this way in all the years I've eaten out.......... :D

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:46 pm

One good bit of advice I was given many years ago was to never eat in an empty restaurant. :wave:
In other words, if the restaurant is very busy/ full then the food is probably good.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Soyyo - Hey, I have only just come across this post - don't know how I missed it. Hope you are still around in El Condado. Welcome to Huelva province and we hope you enjoy Villarasa and Niebla - lovely area and not too far from Sierras, Beaches, Huelva capital, Sevilla etc etc and a quick hop onto the motorway! :thumbup:
In La Palma there are several bodegas, all of which have reasonable reputations and the easiest to get to, and park at, is on the bend as you come into La Palma from the Bollullos side - on the main road, on the left hand side behind the posh Vinea place (just past the huge Bazar), and has parking at the back as well as inside the courtyard. Food good, not expensive, local wines, cheerful staff - who DO appreciate it if you can use a bit of spanish!!! - varied menus. Bollullos has a whole streetful of bodegas and restaurant/bars so it could take you all winter to sample them.
Beas - Maisón del Olivo - on left at the traffic lights (parking on the right just after the Disagon garage) or turn left at the lights, and into carpark on the right. Excellent tapas (order a few to share - "a picar" means you all want to share and nibble), informal layout in the bar (right hand side of building), more formal in the Comedor on the left - Comedor is not always open in low season, so head for the bar in that case.
If you are heading north to the Aracena area - check out the tourist bumf before you set out as there are lots of suitable eateries in the area and in Aracena itself. A nice detour is to go to Almonastir - visit the castle having parked at the entrance to the village (just follow the signs on foot) and return to the car to restaurant on the corner of the T junction at the entrance to the village.
Food-wise, it is often best to order a few tapas (a picar) as a starter, and then follow with a media ración (supposedly half-portion, but usually enough after tapas) as chosen for each person, to be followed by tarta de la casa, or anything casera (made in house, homemade!). We find that the house-wine they recommend is usually very good, often local, but never pink :shock: I do like a nice rosada but it seems to be non-existant round here. The locals often have Manzanilla (very dry white sherry) with their meal :silent: :crazy:
Enjoy :wave: Mrs Gasman

Ryebirex

Postby Ryebirex » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Soyyo, :wave: yes most of the British can be found in Lidl, or Aldi, that's where we've met most of our friends. :lol: One place I like is in Huelva, which due to the motorway in only 20 - 25 minutes away and I love the place, it's called Cerveceria Bonilla, ( Google Cerveceria Bonilla Huelva )and it's right on the waters edge with lovely views, prices are cheap ( by my reckoning anyway. ) First visit, 6 adults starters, main course, and 3 of us had desserts, plus 2 large jugs of beer, wine and seven up for the females, with the tip 125 Euros. second time, 4 adults 2 kids, starters, main course ( fair enough we all had house speciality burgers with fries, plus desserts, plus 2 jugs of beer, 60 Euros !!! We live in the campo on the El rocio side of Almonte, near the picnic area at Los LLanos, and we are going to have to start hitting the local food places around Bollullos, Hinojos, areas.

Regards

Pete