New Bar - Archezx - Bar Extramena

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
zanuck
Resident

New Bar - Archezx - Bar Extramena

Postby zanuck » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:21 pm

A nice new bar with simple bar food and a very generous tapa per drink has opened about 3 weeks ago just above Archez.

It's quiet - no music, family run and you sit on the terrace overlooking the village of Archez and the hills beyond.

Depending upon which direction you come from, if from Canillas De Albaida, it's located on the right about 25 metres before the traffic light down into Archez, or if coming up from Archez, it's 25 metres beyond the "down" traffic light and on your left hand side.

No big signs, a small blackboard with "Bar Extramena" written on it, hanging on a brick gatepost at a pair of double metal gates signify that it's open and it's open every day. Currently there are Andalusia and Extremadura paper flags flying.

The lady owner is from Extremadura, I think her husband is local.

Very friendly and nice and quiet. And the mogollon @ €3,50 really is a hell of a lot!

swerve
Resident

Re: New Bar - Archezx - Bar Extramena

Postby swerve » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Sounds a nice place Zanuck. Excuse my ignorance but what is mogollon. We are over in a few weeks so wiil check the place out.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

zanuck
Resident

Re: New Bar - Archez - Bar Extramena

Postby zanuck » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi Swerve
I'd seen "Mogollon" a couple of times before on bar menus and never remembered to try a translation.

It translates as "a hell of a lot" - in this case, it's a large bun or perhaps a flatbread containing - a hamburger, sliced cheese, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, fried/grilled onions, pork fillet, chicken fillet; all cooked on the plancha grill and the whole lot inside the sliced bun which in turn has been pressed in a sandwich toaster.

It's a mistake to eat this after several tapas; OH suggested yesterday that if I order another one, we should share it.

She's probably right. What am I saying as everyone here knows, the OH is always right.

We'll still be here when you are over so let us know if you do try the bar.

Zanuck

PS Just realised I forgot to mention the bacon....

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:39 pm

That mogollon sounds great mate will certainly give it a visit. You never know we may in there at the same time. Btw what sort of tapas we're served with your tubos.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:26 pm

On a couple of occasions, a tapas sized dish of salad with pieces of sliced pork, the salad was chopped tomato, peppers, onion, garlic with a white vinegary dressing served chilled. We were told it was a typical Extremaduran tapa, but that a local one in this area may be to substitute the meat with octopus or squid - the explanation being that they don't have fish in Extremadura!

Other times nice fresh cubes of tortilla de patatas on bread; a very generous portion of anchovies or boquerrones, olives of course and once a mini pinchito.