Another new bar in Archez

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
zanuck
Resident

Another new bar in Archez

Postby zanuck » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:19 pm

At the risk of sounding like Archez's version of Sir Les Patterson, another new bar has opened in Archez.

Or rather it's an old bar taken over by a younger couple and renamed Taberna Tapeo. They told me yesterday they have been open for two weeks.

It used to be Antonio's and from memory had been closed for at least a year - except for a day or two around this past Feria time.

The young couple who have now taken it over, offer a free tapa with any drink (alcoholic or not) - their albondigas in a thick spicy tomato sauce were great. They also serve draught beer - last time I was there when it was Antonio's he didn't have draught.

The bar is just off the junction with the road to Archez centre and Corumbella and the third direction towards Sayalonga.

About eight tables under cover outside and the possibility of two or three inside - also sells local "Ribera Del Mudejar" wines from the bodega about 50m away at similar prices to them.

How many bars can Archez and the tourists/expats sustain?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: Another new bar in Archez

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Zanuck, is it Antonios lad who's taken it over?

PS I'll drop you a line soon.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi DA
Yes I think it is - when I commented to the young lady "wasn't this Antonio's?" she replied "es igual a Antonio".

I figured you'd know exactly where I was describing!!

Enjoy your forthcoming stay in Malaga. Let me know via pm when you are over - we have brother and sister in law in Sept for about 10 days.

Z

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:55 pm

No probs, I'll fire an email across this weekend. Yep they're a lovely couple, they were supposed to be open when we were there last but couldn't manage it.
Just hope people support it a little bit more........and I'm on his case to get some draught beer in too.
The whole family are good cooks so food if it's on will be very good.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.