Ruta de la Tapa, Velez-Malaga

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Free at Last
Resident

Ruta de la Tapa, Velez-Malaga

Postby Free at Last » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:30 pm

The annual Ruta de la Tapa is on in Velez-Malaga at the moment, until 1st March, with 15 establishments taking part. You can get a booklet from the Tourist Office at the back of the Ayuntamiento listing them all and which tapa they offer (€2 for a tapa and a drink). We went to La Sastreria in the Plaza de la Constitucion today and tried their Trampantojo de Tiramisu (potato puree with a layer of mushrooms on top, topped off with a poached egg, served in a glass) with a glass of very palatable wine, which we thought was very good value for €2 each.

gruff
Resident

Re: Ruta de la Tapa, Velez-Malaga

Postby gruff » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:23 pm

I do enjoy the various Rutas de Tapa (is that right?). Last year I managed to fall on Algarrobo in May I think it was and Malaga in November. I'm usually out there on my own so a great way to try different restaurants.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:17 am

Tried Ruta de la Tapa in Velez-Malaga yesterday. Went to the Tourist office at the back of the Ayuntamiento but the helpful desk didn't know anything about it. He gave us a map and circled the "Calle Montera" saying the Ruta may be there, we found the road but sadly didn't find anything about Ruta de la Tapa.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Sadly very poor selection of bars participating this year. Have been told could be political. Not sure why but nothing locally where we are in the town.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:44 pm

This is, of course, an old thread which was resurrected from last year. I haven't even seen any publicity about there being a Ruta de Tapas on at all this year, to date, and I live in the centre of town so do generally see whatever posters there are about. There hasn't been anything about one on the Ayuntamiento website either. Could well be something to do with the change of administration following the elections last year.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Didn't see the date of the post. However have heard that the Ruta this year is not going to be until the beginning of April.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:27 am

Free at Last wrote:This is, of course, an old thread which was resurrected from last year....
Yes you're right, my fault I didn't check the date of the OP.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:23 pm

The dates for this year's Ruta de la Tapa in Vélez have now been announced - 1st to 17th April. I imagine booklets showing the participating establishments will be available from the Tourist Information Office within the Ayuntamiento building.

http://www.velezmalaga.es/index.php?mod ... as&id=3334

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 pm

There is a Ruta de la Tapa Velez Malaga page on facebook - here is a list of participating establishments on the page

RELACIÓN DE ESTABLECIMIENTOS QUE PARTICIPAN EN LA RUTA DE LA TAPA.
Restaurante Bar El Rubio, Bar La Peña, Bar Los Rombos, The End Tapas Pub, La Posada del Conde, La Sastrería Tapería Asador ,Pulsa Recreativos Vélez, Taberna Típica Los Cuñaos, Restaurante Tapería Taberna El Convento, Montera 24 Gastrobar, Mesón El Cofrade ,Los Pilares II, La Ralea, Café Bar Toto, Tapería Capri, Cafetería 33, Cafetería Zalia, Catering Antonio, La Taberna de Juanma, Francis Café
Restaurante Paco Hijano, Café San Francisco, Cafetería Zara
Restaurante Paco Hijano TROPS ,Restaurante Naturalmente Baviera Golf, BAR LA VÍA 53

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:53 pm

I'm flying into Malaga next week for 2 weeks. Are there any Rutas de Tapa? Last year at this time there was one in Malaga.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 pm

Apparantly there is a Ruta de Tapas for Avocado and Mango on this week. Nice to see these things advertised!!!

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Did you go to this, Evelyn? I love avocado and mango! I hope it was a success, will look out for it next year!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:35 pm

I went on Saturday, it was in the old San Francisco market building. It was absolutely rammed as things always are when freebies are being given away! :) Lots of stalls giving out free samples of avocado and mango produce, and some activities for children. The lady in front of me in the queue for the ice cream stall asked what flavours were available and was told solemnly "hay mango, mango, mango y mango" :lol:

There was quite a lot going on in town (Vélez-Málaga) this weekend. I took the rubbish down to the bins on Saturday evening and ended up watching a flamenco performance (with excellent dancers) which was going on in the renovated El Pósito building in the Plaza de La Constitución.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Velez Malaga sounds a fun place to be! Hope there was still some mango ice-cream left for you, FAL :lol:

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 am

I didn't go to the freebie event because I know what these events are like. As far as the Ruta was concerned, like the market in the park , I didn't know it was on until I went into one of the Participating bars. The market not till the Friday! Advertising is almost non existant.How can they expect to attract people if they don't know about these events.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:06 pm

You are not alone. Our local town has a good selection of events and attractions. Even our Spanish friends say they are not advertised well . They seem to rely on word of mouth and get enough turn up. The annoying thing is that the following week the free local paper is stuffed with photos showing how great it was!

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Not only do they do it with events but they do the same with bars, restaurants and shops. I sometimes wonder if they want the trade.