El Desvan

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

El Desvan

Postby Lyric » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:56 am

This little place has moved from Torrox Pueblo to a smaller premises on Torrox Costa right opposite Laguna Beach on the N340. We never visited when they were in the Pueblo, it seemed a little dark, dingy and on the 'wrong' side of the square with little sun.
The food is a delight, choose from about 30 starters, two or three each and share. They come as larger than usual Tapas, and are full of different tastes. For the two of us, light eaters, four Tapas, two glasses of house, two sin alc beers etc. 30€ and change. Lunchtime BBQ including wine 20€ for two seems good value too.
Well worth a visit.

Usual disclaimers.

truebrit
Resident

Re: El Desvan

Postby truebrit » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Are they open Sunday lunchtime?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 pm

No for some strange reason closed Sunday.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:16 am

Further to my last, closed on Sunday as they have children and need some time with them, obvious really.

The tapas menu has been expanded due to demand,and the Entrees have been reduced, most now on pre order. The BBQ is also pre-order.
We shared four tapas last night and were stuffed, the Cod fillet and Pig(Iberico) cheeks were in another league.
They were bemoaning the fact that many regulars had not followed them down from the Pueblo.

Very recommended (again) 951 24 82 08

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm

After reading this thread we went down today for lunch.
3 plates + 2 glasses of red and 2 pre-order drinks came €30 and some change.
We really enjoyed our lunch. Thank Lyric!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 pm

De nada, I'm pleased for you and them, not too windy then ?

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Was quite windy that we had to move inside after the pre-order drink.
There were 11 German sat on a long table that occupied the whole room. They seemed to enjoyed their BBQ black sausage and ribs, I assumed they must have ordered before.
Talking about the wind, last night it severed my parasol in half. The post was still bolted down onto the base but the top half flew across the pool and landed on top the 2 lounge chairs. :(

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Tried Desvan today and it was excellent. You can't really describe the food as tapas as some are like main courses ..... certainly as much food as I see on adverts for so-called fine dining restaurants in Nerja. The beef solomillo with pasas in Malaga wine was delicious. We had four dishes and were stuffed afterwards.

Lyric do they change the menu regularly? I didn't see pig's cheeks that I have wanted to try. I did have secreto de cerdo which was nice but I think that comes from around the back of the front leg.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:44 pm

I can't answer as we try to keep it a bit special :) but cheek was on the menu last time about a month ago and after all we are coming into cheek season.
Antonio's was nearly as good as mine !
Secreto you have about right it is the pig's armpit if it had one, and is best suited to the BBQ doing it really hot and quickly.
We keep on trying different stuff and have yet to be disappointed and yes four, shared, is our comfortable limit.

We are next going in early Jan for Senior Management's significant birthday :lol: unless we succumb before Navidad.

I have just interrogated S.M. and Christina told her last time that cheeks were not always on the menu as they took four hours to cook, which is true, I marinade overnight and then about four hours at low heat. They are ready when I can cut them with a wooden spoon.