Restaurant Mijas

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
maureenscot
Resident

Restaurant Mijas

Postby maureenscot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Have been watching new series 'A New Life in the Sun' channel 4 UK. About various folk coming to start businesses, life coach, diving, sailing etc in France and Spain. Going through the first year. There was one couple opened a fine dining in Mijas called the Mandril. Also another much cheaper on Fuengerola coast with entertainment etc. Take it, it must have been filmed during last year. Has anybody watched it, tried out the eateries or indeed, are they still operating? Just interested to know after watching the trials and tribulations of watching them get established

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Restaurant Mijas

Postby katy » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Maureen we have a longish thread going in Amigos, sorry you don't have enough posts.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Maureen , you are not missing anything in the other thread. Its just just usual posters knocking the people for trying to set up their business. It appears that there is a good level of begrudgery alive & well among "settled expats".

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Nicely put Scotty, my sentiments also

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:50 pm

hahahaha. So best keep oot of the 'amigo's' lounge then?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:03 pm

katy wrote:Maureen we have a longish thread going in Amigos, sorry you don't have enough posts.
I am just curious about this...

would it not be more polite to answer/or not the question.
why tell someone the answer is somewhere they cannot access?
it not make much sense to me...

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:44 pm

It really is much easier to ignore her...she's just a very sad rude person...all forums seem to have at least one :thumbdown:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:02 pm

What is this get at Katy day. There wasn't a question to answer. You had to read it though didn't you :lol: if this forum was up to your odd infrequent posts it would have closed down years ago....is that rude enough for you :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:09 pm

wollie wrote:
katy wrote:Maureen we have a longish thread going in Amigos, sorry you don't have enough posts.
I am just curious about this...

would it not be more polite to answer/or not the question.
why tell someone the answer is somewhere they cannot access?
it not make much sense to me...
Why not ask Sid to move it if it bothers you :?:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:19 pm

See you had to read it didn't you :lol: 10,000 of my posts have been replying to posters like you with a chip on their shoulder, or ganging up cos someone on another thread has had a go and like sheepies they want to big up too. Pathetic.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Katy,
You might have been better re-reading the OP :eh: , there was indeed a question asked which required a response.
Recent posts from you seem to have been influenced by your Brexit views and have an element of "I know what is right and I'll tell you what you should be thinking".

TheOP asked if anyone had visited the premises in question........doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a response? For me, the answer is not yet :angel:

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm

katy,

I do not approve of "ganging up" I do think if you know of the restaurant in mijas you should let the OP know of same...

regards

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:16 pm

Listen up folks. I was being polite letting Maureen know. No one else bothered to respond until a few decided to have a whinge after I had posted at the thread in Amigos. If I had repeated the thread Sid would have slapped my hand.

Gus you are correct there was a question. Perhaps some of those who were quick to snipe could answer it. Just a suggestion like :roll: what has Brexit got to do with this did anything come up on here to say right or wrong. You have certainly hit the nail on the head though that's why I am getting the flack because I WAS right on Brexit. If you have anything to say about it stick to Brexit thread because this is not the appropriate thread.
Last edited by katy on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Guys, I think GerryFelch has a point. Ignore. She appears to thrive on disharmony. At least Katy believes in equal treatment. She is extremely rude to everybody

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:22 pm

So who has answered your question then Maureen :?:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I think that would be me, Katy. Certainly it you .....unless I missed the post?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Listen up folks. I was being polite letting Maureen know. No one else bothered to respond until a few decided to have a whinge after I had posted at the thread in Amigos. If I had repeated the thread Sid would have slapped my hand.

I just now realize that the problem is this "el cid"
I always thought he was our hero... could we get a few guys together and have a chat to him.. be better after dark..

seriously whats goin on with amigos?

lmj56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lmj56 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Amigos appears to be a misnomer. Certainly does not seem to be friendly!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:08 pm

This thread has now degenerated into something quite pointless, so I am closing it.

For Maureen, the original poster, who does not yet have enough posts to access the Amigos Lounge, I am going the move the thread that she cannot access as it is in the Amigo Lounge to Living in Andalucia.

Hopefully, Maureen, you will soon have the 25 posts needed to gain access to the Lounge, but please PM me when you want to be given access. Unfortunately, at present, it is not possible for you to be given automatic access.

The original thread is now located at viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35905

This thread is now closed.

Sid