Reastaurant recommendations in La Herradura/Marina del este

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Dissing
Tourist

Reastaurant recommendations in La Herradura/Marina del este

Postby Dissing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi

If you have any recommendations for good restaurants in and around La Herradura/Marina del este/Costa Tropical I would love to hear them. Am espacially looking for nice places for Paella, Tapas or seafood but any advice is much appreciated regardless of cuisine style.

BR
Dissing

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Reastaurant recommendations in La Herradura/Marina del este

Postby costakid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Don't waste your time looking for a GOOD Paella. Almost impossible to find on the coast.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

I agree with CK - a good one is difficult to find, but they do exist. The only place in La Herradura that I would trust to get it right is Nueva Arenas. I haven't tasted it, but I have seen it served and it looked good and had plenty of goodies in it. It's also my top recommendation for a restaurant in LH. Another to try is Number 20. If you like Italian then La Dolce Vita is good. Las Sardinas on the beach is very good for fish. Don't be tempted by Joacim's at the eastern end of the beach - it's overpriced and not good.

I would avoid Marina del Este. There are a couple of restaurants, overpriced (€35 for a bottle of €6 Cava) and nothing special in the way of food. A friend ate there last week (Resturante David) and said the Spag Bol tasted like it came out of a tin!

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Not been to El Chambao de Joaquín for many years but saddened to hear that its gone down hill, not just by you Sid but friends also. I fondly remember back in the early 80's when it was fantastic in every way. No tourist menu, in fact no menu at all just a chalk board and what they had that day.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 pm

I think the only attraction they have is the location. Also, it has been completely rebuilt last year, like all the beach restaurants in the village (either that or lose their license!) I think they have increased their prices and lowered their standards to compensate!

It's not just me and your friends CK, look at the Tripadvisor reviews, nearly 40% poor or terrible! Great shame - we went there when we first moved there and it was good then.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... lucia.html

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm

El Cid wrote: It's not just me and your friends CK, look at the Tripadvisor reviews, nearly 40% poor or terrible! Great shame - we went there when we first moved there and it was good then.

Sid
I think you mean me and my friends not Costa Kid?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Does the added comma help? I do take your point though!

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Errrr No not really as it was me that commented on my friends and El Chambao de Joaquín, CK never mentioned anything to do with the restaurant and his friends.......what am I missing with regard to a comma?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Sorry, you're right, I got the posts mixed up - ignore the comma, it's no longer relevant. Probably due to me just getting back from OH's birthday lunch! Moral - only post while sober - but that would be rather restrictive I guess!

Time for a lie down!

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Fair enough great reason, sounds like it was a fun affair :D I thought at first it was me that had had a glass or two lol.....

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Even bigger party planned for tomorrow, so please ignore any posts tomorrow evening!

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up......enjoy the celebration.......but do feel free to log in and have a right Royal Rant we'll understand :D

Dissing
Tourist

Postby Dissing » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Thank you all for your great suggestions and recommendations. Know we have something to go by. Have a great party Sid you deserve it after all the time you spend helping me :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Restaurant recommendations in La Herradura/Marina del este

Postby Wicksey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Just resurrecting this thread as we had a rare drive out to La Herradura yesterday and I remember Sid recommending some places to eat there.

We went to Nuevos Arenas and had a really lovely meal. Menu del Dia (13.90€ pp + drinks). The food was lovely, all home made and beautifully cooked and presented. It was a real treat (we don't eat out much!)