New Greek Restuarant

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

New Greek Restuarant

Postby gerryh » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:10 am

Don't seem to be many Greek restaurants here in Spain but a new Greek restaurant, Pikilias, has recently opened at Avenida de Antonio Tore Tore 22 in Torre del Mar.
Only a small family run place but service and food, in my opinion, very good.
Greek husband is out front serving and Belgium wife is the cook.
Very small menu choice but he said they will be adding more dishes as they become established.
We will certainly be going there again.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Greek Restuarant

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 am

We will definitely give that a go. I do like greek food.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

I'll give it a go too as we love Greek food. I tend to make it myself as there's not been any local Greek restaurants to have it locally but it's a fiddle sometimes to do a big spread.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 am

Yesterday on their door a notice sayin “closed for personal reasons”. Went on Sunday and although pleasant service and nice atmosphere the food was not particularly authentic. However will give it another go, if it re opens.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 pm

It was open tonight when I drove past it.
Don't know whether or not it was particularly authentic Greek food but I found it tasty and enjoyable.
A nice change from Chinese, Indian or "Italian" food which just seems to be pizza or pasta.
Do you know of any other Greek restaurants in the Nerja to Rincon de la Victoria area?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 am

There used to be one in Nerja at the top of "Post Office St" but I am going back a decade or so, perhaps it's not there now.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

We went to that one years back but it wasn't very authentic and very expensive and I was disappointed it seemed to be a Spanish owned place .... not sure if it's still there. At least the new one is run by a Greek!

I am always surprised there aren't many Moroccan restaurants here although, again, I do tend to make my own tagines and dips which are pretty tasty.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:09 pm

There are a few Moroccan restaurants in Malaga city. Mainly in the old red light district which is now Soho.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm

We've been to a couple in the city costakid. I've heard more about Soho recently but don't really know where that is (or the red light district!).

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Soho is a fabulous area. They have an artisan market on Saturday mornings. A lot of the buildings are decorated with lovely street art. I can try to explain where it is but my directions are on foot. Basically it runs parallel to Alameda Principal but, if you start from the Port bus station you will see the little playpark and Hotel Valeria. If you turn left walk to the end an cross straight over Calle Casas de Campo is the start. There are hotels and restaurants and is a very up and coming area. In the evening the place is buzzing. The reason that it is referred to as the red light district is that there are quite a few strip clubs and the like. There is also A huge Moroccan shop worth looking in. Hope you find it.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Soho runs from Alameda principal to the coast road and as far as Alameda Colon. It was the red light district for years but they have cleaned it up a lot in the last few years. There are still a few girly bars etc but only about 10% of what there was 20 years ago.
In my opinion one of the best tapas bars in Malaga is in Soho. Its called Meson Iberico, its and old Malaga business, full of well dressed business people but the prices are still reasonable. The address is Calle Pinzon.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks for the Soho info. I shall go there next time I'm in Malaga and have a look around. I tend to go north of the Alameda and around the Plaza Merced area as we always usually park in the Alcazaba car park.