good restaurants in Ronda

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

good restaurants in Ronda

Postby asiwalkedout » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:10 pm

can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Ronda - I've seen rave reviews for Tragabuches - has anyone been there?

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:18 pm

Yes, been to Tragabuches very recently - the atmosphere in the back room, where we were, was a bit sterile and the service was initially extremely slow - we waited for ages for menus and even longer for that first sip of wine! However, once they got going the food was good - lots of nice amused girrls inbetween courses, but sometimes difficult to decipher exactly what you were eating...

Overall I found it well executed but didn't like the constant interruptions from waiting staff hovering to clear the shot glasses of melon sorbet with goujons of wotsit and present (with an over-elaborate flourish) the calamares-flavoured brandy snaps in tiny wraps of newspaper etc.

My lunch companions enjoyed their food far more than me, because they are meat eaters, whereas as a faux-veggie/fish eater I struggled more, though the sea bass (a famously overrated, rather bland fish in my humble opinion) was cooked to perfection.

I find Ronda tricky restaurant-wise, many overpriced touristy places, so to that extent Tragabuches was a welcome change, but save it for special occasions...

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:53 pm

i know ronda really well as we live 20 mins away in cortes de la frontera.
we haven't been to tragabuches as have heard many differing reports
we have been to the don miguel many times and never been disappointed.
there is a street which is at right angles to the road in front of the bullring after the shoe shop " la bomba".
this street is restaurant row and a bit touristy.
however there is a great restaurant on the left { sorry , name escapes me} which has a well just inside the doorway. superb tapas and raciones/ main meals.
ther is also a highly recommended venta near the cuevos de gato just outside ronda on the cortes road. :P

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 am

Same location as previous, second restaurant on left from bullring end. Sorry again name escapes me as well. Great food, excellent value.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mark » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 pm

I find the best restaurants to be found in Ronda are over the bridge in the 'old town', there are quite a few to be found if you take a walk and have a nosey in the restaurants themselves.

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:10 pm

as always look for a place full of locals.....but...................went to one last year down a street on the right after crossing the bridge. looked great from the outside and fine inside but the total meal was garbage ie all 4 different meals.
cannot remember the name [ as i didn't and neither did my stomach] want to !!
i will do a reccie on our next trip in feb and try to get the name to warn you all!! :roll:

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:49 pm