Stag do in Peurto Banus

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Chompy

Stag do in Peurto Banus

Postby Chompy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi there,

I'm considering having my stag do in Peurto Benus and am hoping that I can get some good advise on the resort.

I will be looking to book in early Feb next year and there will be around 15 of us.

So my questions are:

What will the weather be like at this time of year?

Will nightclubs and bars be open this time of year?

Where are the hotspots to go?

Where are the places NOT to go?

Could you recommend some cheap hotels that are situated conveniently?

Overall, would it be an expensive place to go?

I have been to Nerja and Benalmadeana in the past few years and I absolutely love the Costa Del Sol area. Peurto Benus was recommended to me, so thought I would do some research.

Help please! I know there are lot's of questions asked, but I want to ensure that I pick the right place to have my stag do. Also, if I get it wrong I don't want 15 men giving me a hard time about it!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ben

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Banus would be ideal place for a stag do.

Weather can be very good/bad. almost everything will be open.

Expensive compared with other places but no more than London.

Some reasonable hotels nearby, some bargains on the web.

Too old to tell you the hotspots :cry:

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:04 pm

Dont listen to Sid, just make sure to wear your flack jackets and bullet proof vests, otherwise enjoy yourselves. Oh yes dont speak with an eastern european accent not even a slightly scouser one as this could prove akward!!!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:08 pm

Its Ok. they only shoot each other in dark back streets, don't listen to them they are only being sarky, something you'll not see me doing :wink:

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 pm

Katy - not always back alleys - sometimes its in front of hotels and hairdressers 8) If you stay in the actual port you should be Ok as you need a parking pass and police are always hanging around the barriers.

As long as you realise the Port will cost the same if not as much as a London Bar and that all the girls hanging around "waiting for a friend" are Russian prossies (or subsistute latest influx of immigrants) you should have a good time on the front line bars.

Weather could be T-shirts or rain look at Weather Underground website it will give you history. Theres no such thing as a cheap hotel in the Port except PYR at about 80E a night for a twin.

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Wow!! and there's us up here missing out on all the action the "real Spain".......thank God!!!! Still....each to their own :D

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:23 pm

Samizdat, think you probably have it about right , could probably holiday there though and not notice anything (except for the prossies which far outnumber the decent hen parties).Give it a wide berth myself but stag parites are a different scene. All in all its a *beep* of a place.