Pena Flamenca in Estepona

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Pena Flamenca in Estepona

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:58 pm

If you like Flamenco music, try the club in Estepona. Brilliant.Went there last month. No charge, cheap drinks, great atmosphere.

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Could you be more specific on the location :?:

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Pena Flamenca

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 am

Haven't got me street map with me but..

You know where the tourist office is (by where the big hole in the road used to be, in 88). Head at 90 degrees inland (obviously) to the right hand (east) side of the tourist office. This is the road with Bar Simon in (great). At the end by the school turn right and then left and follow that road about 300m thru that little estate of quaint single storey houses. You come to a confluence of several roads ( over to your left is the site of the former market) Turn left here and you will see a little plaza in front of you. The venue is on the far side. If you ask at the tourist office they will tell you. Hold on a mo. Just found the address.

C/ Fuerzas Armadas S/N (think that means no number)
Estepona.

Tel 95 280 3183

Also google Pena Flamenca Andalucia for more info

Hope you find it!

Rick

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon May 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Went again this latest trip.

My mate John said he'd like to go as I said it was so good last time.

The women stayed at home, and due to a breakdown in communication it wasn't a flamenco night, but instead a "social dance". So there was me and John, (we'd payed 2 Euros to get in so I said "we're stoppin") and about 15 middle aged spanish couples listening and dancing to quite good middle of the road pop music performed by one of those one man band fellas on key boards that sound like a full orchestra. I asked John if he fancied a dance but he said no as he had his heavy underwear on. Couple of dodgy looking single women (my mate Geoff would have said "mucky") looked over at us but must have decided we were gay and left us alone. However we knew it was time to leave when two macho types with big bushy moustaches and leather trousers offered to buy us a jug of sangria.

All in all, a great night