Feria in San Pedro

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Lydia

Feria in San Pedro

Postby Lydia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:20 am

Hello All, I am new on here and hope that someone can help solve my problem. I would like to know the date of the Feria in San Pedro (in October).
I plan to visit again this year and hope to do some photography of this lovely event. The nearest I can find when searching the internet is the 19th October. It is the date of the actual church service I would like.
Can anyone out there help me please?

blondie
Resident

Re: Feria in San Pedro

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:21 pm

You can contact the tourist info office in San Pedro and they can tell you.

Cat65
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cat65 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:39 pm

I believe it is 14th - 19th October this year. http://www.marbella.es/fiestas/
We are hoping to go on the Wednesday to see the Giants & big heads parade...our boys(and us) will love it am sure...don't s'pose anyone knows a "good place" to stand to view it?
cheers
Cat x
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy *beep*..what a ride!"

Lydia

Postby Lydia » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks so much for taking time out to reply. It was useful to know the timings as we are travelling from Torrox to San Pedro. Looking forward to a great event and some good photography.
Lydia

Cat65
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cat65 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:04 pm

We took the boys in for the opening parade not quite what we'd expected but nice to see all the same. :) Where we live our annual festival is rather spectacular and I guess I had envisaged something a little grander :?
Cat x
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy *beep*..what a ride!"

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Well Cat.... I went in on saturday (on my own in spain for weekend) and thought it had more atmosphere than last year. It reminded me of the old days here in Ireland (im 48 :D ) when I saw a competition in the church square that featured young boys on bicycles trying to get a pencil through a small hoop. ................ Ahhhh the simple things in life. :wink: