Pink Floyd Tribute Band

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Pink Floyd Tribute Band

Postby markwilding » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 pm

A band from Madrid, which I have now seen five times in Bilbao are down in Granada on the
02 Oct 10 at the Sala El Tren.
They are called the Pink Tones and I've really enjoyed every one of their concerts.
So if you like the Floyd and feel you are being starved of the oppotunity to listen to them live, this is a brilliant alternative.
Their set is 3 hours long and they play all the faves.As would be expected from a Floyd tribute band,there is a light show and some parts include visual effects, including a massive blow up teacher during 'Another Brick in The Wall'. The concert always ends with the crowd crying out for more.
The Audience is quite a mixed bunch too from people in their sixties to teens so nobody should feel out of place. The set changes slightly from year to year and included this year are tunes such as
Wish you were here
Run like hell
Shine on you crazy diamond
Echoes
Another brick in the wall parts 1, 2, and 3.
Comfortably Numb
Almost the complete Dark Side suite
and many from the The Wall

I hope some of you guys can get down to Granada to see them and support this fantastic live band and I can assure you will have a great night out.

More info on their website
http://www.pinktones.net/pinktones_eng.html
Last edited by markwilding on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Pink Floyd Tribute Band

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 am

Just had a look at their website... Would love to go see them but Granada is a good couple of hours away and we have to be here on the CDS on the 3rd. Bummer.

Can we start a petition to get them right down here on the coast :-)

Have seen a couple of PF tribute bands in the past, namely Think Floyd and The Australian Pink Floyd. They both put on amazing shows with music very true to the originals. Having said that Roger Waters at Hyde Park a couple of years ago was simply stunning, one of the best concerts that I have ever been too.
Regards

Bob