San Pedro feria & Benahavis romeria

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Spanish Spitfire
Tourist

San Pedro feria & Benahavis romeria

Postby Spanish Spitfire » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:11 pm

As we'll be here for all of October this year, we'd love to visit the feria and maybe the romeria too (if its open to all) - I've seen the events advertised but no dates, times, places etc. Can anyone help please? Also, do people go everyday of the feria or just one day - do different things happen on different days? And is it easy to park the car? I love fireworks so don't want to miss them!
Thanks for any help
SS

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: San Pedro feria & Benahavis romeria

Postby katy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:32 pm

I think it is around 14th Oct and the romería about 19th (?). There is the feria del día and the evening one. The day one is down the Main St. from the Church (forgotten it's name). Last time I was there the noise was horrific with various groups competing against one another. The evening one is/was held where the market is held. Usual fair etc.

The romería I suppose you could go but we went two years to the coín one as we were invited by some spanish friends. However, we seemed to be the only foreigners there. also all the drinking casitas do not take money and are for invited guests. I think you would have to be very thick skinned to go along, although haven't been to the San Pedro one, could be different.

Parking, usual nightmare :)