Cirque du soleil

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cirque du soleil

Postby Miro » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:35 am

Went to see Varekai last night at the Palacio de Deportes in Málaga. Great show as usual, but just a warning to anyone who's going tonight or over the weekend: the parking and access to the venue were an organisational *beep*-up of the magnitude only achievable in Spain; allow plenty of time. From the exit from Avda Velazquez, coming from the airport side of Málaga, to our seats took about one hour. The show had just started when we sat down, and there must have been hundreds still trying to get in. :thumbdown:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Sounds about the same organisation problems when we went to an opera festival in Nerja caves :) concert started over an hour late and people still piling in. Didn't help that they did not start letting people in until 5 mins before the performance time. The Performers were threatening to pull out. We had VIP seats, people were sat in them ( turned out they were friends of the Mayor) got them booted out at the interval. It must be a cultural thing. :)

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Katy, do you keep your Very Important Person lanyards?

I kept mine from last years World Superbike meeting at Donington and point to it whenever the Mrs over steps the mark :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Keep it, I wear them :mrgreen: :wink:

DA I think if anyone is overstepping the mark in your home it is you not the OH after reading the Cinema thread :wink:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:43 pm

katy wrote:Keep it, I wear them :mrgreen: :wink:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Yep, pointing at the VIP card has now lost its effect.............especially as Screen 2 opened last night in another room...........tumbleweed is still blowing here :mrgreen:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:41 pm

:lol: :lol:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm

She's not seen the one that's going in the garage today..............hopefully I can drag her out there for a drive in movie, bet I'll get boll0cked for that to :lol: :mrgreen: