Bullfight and Flamenco - Mijas Bullring

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Lance
Tourist

Bullfight and Flamenco - Mijas Bullring

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi All,
Just a question really. There are adverts on telephone kiosks and bus stops etc for a bullfight and flamenco show at the Mijas bullring on 10th October.

It states no picadoers, so without sounding too naive, I just wondered if anyone knew of these events in Mijas and whether it was a different kind of event in Mijas. I'm interested in the Flamenco show afterwards, but not too keen on the bullfight situation if it was just another bull killing spree albeit without picadores. If it was some kind of pseudo bullfighting scenario where they would just do passes etc rather than harming the bulls, it might be different.

I'm not intending opening up a bullfighting debate, just the facts concerning this particular event, if possible.

Thanks.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bullfight and Flamenco - Mijas Bullring

Postby Campo Steve » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 am

Do the posters mention anything about a bullfighting school? If so then it could be the same lot that brought a temporary ring to Benamargosa for the feria.

The Ayuntamiento promised no bulls would be killed. They were. Afterwards the dead animals were seen passing through the next village, in a skip.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:26 am

The butchers shop next to Lidl in Velz is proudly advertising beef "from the bullfight in Velez-Málaga"
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm

I don't know why the dead bulls would be in a skip.I may be wrong but I thought the idea was after the bull fight the people of the town would then go to local restaurants to eat the meat from the slain bulls or as peter mentions, they buy it from the butcher.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 am

That's what I thought but more than one person I know saw the skip with the bulls in it. The restaurants in the village certainly weren't serving it.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!