Events and What's on guides

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
andalucia
Site Admin

Events and What's on guides

Postby andalucia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I am Sarah, a member of the Andalucia.com team and we are currently planning to develop our events database into a user-friendly, much more informative, up to date website.

We need your help!

Please could you tell us where you currently find out about events, activities, entertainment and the like in the region of Andalucia.
What do you look for in terms of events and do you like the current websites on offer? What's good about them, what could be improved?
Would you use a rating system to help judge your choices?

Using your wisdom, we think we can really create a fantastic tool for all of our users. Thanks a lot in advance,
Sarah

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Events and What's on guides

Postby John Beachcomber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Beachcomber Mojacar Live Entertainment And Tribute Acts.

We can organise taxis for you, it is always safer to book in advance and we can do this if you wish, both ways if you like. Hotels are available, see bottom.

Tuesday 10th July. 10.30am - 1pm Paws Cat Charity Book, DVD and CD Sale.
Held every second Tuesday of every month raising funds for the Paws Cat Charity.
Bring a book, buy a book, whatever!
Help reduce the number of wild, dumped and stray cats in and around Mojacar.
Neutering and rehousing program in place.
http://beachcombermojacar.com/paws-cat- ... -book-sale
Last edited by John Beachcomber on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 26 times in total.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Tuesday 17th July. Tributes in costume to Shania Twain, Blondie, Karen Carpenter and 60's & 70's Divas. (By the fabulous Angie)
Angie's amazing portrayals of Shania, Karen & Blondie are synonimous with the artists themselves and are sure to enthrall lovers & newcomers to the 1960's & 70's musical era alike. With songs also from artists such as: Lulu, Dusty, Petula Clark, Cilla, Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Martha Reeves and Vandellas. Shirley Bassey and Sandi Shaw, it will be a night to remember.
http://beachcombermojacar.com/tuesday-17th-july/

Pencilled in dates for entertainment for September onwards are:

12th and 26th September.
10th and 24th October.

Are you thinking about having a charity event, birthday party or other celebration? If yes then think about the Beachcomber. We have some of the best entertainment available, so there's no reason we cannot do a night for your occasion. You don't have to fill the Beachcomber and we might be able to top up the numbers if you want us to. If required we can discuss a suitable menu at a very reasonable cost and we will pay for the entertainer/s.
How about a surprise birthday party for a friend or relative with their favourite singer to entertain him/her. Maybe Elvis or even Cliff Richards who will be coming to the Beachcomber soon? (tributes obviously)
http://beachcombermojacar.com/private-functions/

The Puntazo hotel (Which is very nice) was offering (Winter) double rooms for €30 a night. 950478265.10/15 minutes walk from the Beachcomber. A friend of mine booked a night next door in the sister hotel 'Virgen del Mar' for only €25 single occupancy. I'm also informed the old looking but nice inside 'La Marina Hotel' (I think its called) next to the ciggie shop does some good deals. The Marazul is even cheaper, as low as €20 I'm told deals can be done for! I'm also told the (Closer to us) Buenavista Hostal is clean and tidy and I'm sure a deal could be done.

Don't let anyone say 'There's nothing going on in Mojacar' they cant anymore! Best wishes, John.
Last edited by John Beachcomber on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 23 times in total.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 pm

I'll edit in some dates later, John.
Last edited by John Beachcomber on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 21 times in total.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I will add some dates sometime in July for the autumn, John.
Last edited by John Beachcomber on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Nothing like a little advertising :thumbdown:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm

I hope they don't allow drunks and people with tattoos in.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am

Julie wrote:Nothing like a little advertising :thumbdown:
Hi Julie, I wouldn't do that normally but presumed this is the sort of thing we were being asked for, we will soon find out eh?

John.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing and gardening, it's what I do.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 am

Chunky Monky wrote:I hope they don't allow drunks and people with tattoos in.
Ha ha I see you've been reading Tripadvisor, I don't think by 'downmarket' the reviewer would have meant drunks because we don't have any in the restaurant (They would be thrown out :D ) I really cannot imagine what it meant other than this snobbish person thinks tattooed people are 'downmarket'. Oh well you cant please them all can you?

John.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 am

Julie wrote:Nothing like a little advertising :thumbdown:
Typical "entertainment" from Brit bars with "pretend" stars. See the age group they are grabbing...Dusty Springfield :lol: :lol:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:39 am

The same poster uses www.viva-almeria.com as a free advertising site as well, that is why I commented and the moderator on that site is very lax and only removes posts she doesn't like, . They are short of visitors there I presume that is why he wants to advertise on here , hopefully he won't to take over this site as well.

People should pay to push their business.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:43 am

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar wrote:
Chunky Monky wrote:I hope they don't allow drunks and people with tattoos in.
Ha ha I see you've been reading Tripadvisor, I don't think by 'downmarket' the reviewer would have meant drunks because we don't have any in the restaurant (They would be thrown out :D ) I really cannot imagine what it meant other than this snobbish person thinks tattooed people are 'downmarket'. Oh well you cant please them all can you?

John.
That comment referred to an earlier thread, nothing to do with your posts. As you're new and probably haven't read any other threads, I wouldn't expect you to know that though.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 am

Morning Frank :thumbup: ........Ignore button back to normal now? :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:35 am

Devils Advocate wrote:Morning Frank :thumbup: ........Ignore button back to normal now? :mrgreen:
You've lost me, DA! :crazy: I only have one ignore button on, and no way that's coming off! :lol: I think it was POR that mentioned the tattoed brigade, wasn't it?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:03 am

I think he was refering to a review on Trip Advisor. He has not come on here to actually read any posts just to advertise.
I spent a few days in mojácar :silent:

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

Julie wrote:The same poster uses http://www.viva-almeria.com as a free advertising site as well, that is why I commented and the moderator on that site is very lax and only removes posts she doesn't like, . They are short of visitors there I presume that is why he wants to advertise on here , hopefully he won't to take over this site as well.

People should pay to push their business.
That really isn't fair Julie, I was asked on that site to advertise 'whats on' and am here responding to a moderators request for ideas of how to make this forum more informative regarding events etc.
andalucia wrote:Hi everyone,

I am Sarah, a member of the Andalucia.com team and we are currently planning to develop our events database into a user-friendly, much more informative, up to date website.

Sarah
If its not suitable and this site doesn't really want what the moderator has asked for then I'm sure she will tell me and delete my valid answer. After that time the site and members will be less informed and you may be a lot happier Julie.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 pm

katy wrote:He has not come on here to actually read any posts just to advertise.
I spent a few days in mojácar :silent:
Not true Katy, I have been a member since 2005 and come on occasionally to read but haven't posted (Or advertised :thumbdown: ) at all. I have started posting now more because of the interesting gardening forum which I have joined in on.

This has always been an unfriendly forum because of the large quantity of troll members it has and is the reason I haven't joined in during these last six years. I hoped and think the gardening forum will be free of the nasty and argumentative element and I only answered the request by a moderator in the first post here. I should have known what was to come really because as I say I've been a member here for longer than most.

We will see what your moderators want for the site but I'm more than happy to just carry on contributing to the gardening forum, John.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Beachcomber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John Beachcomber » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:20 pm

frank wrote:
That comment referred to an earlier thread, nothing to do with your posts. As you're new and probably haven't read any other threads, I wouldn't expect you to know that though.
Thanks Frank for explaining that. Not new and a member since 2005 but you are right and I haven't seen the post you mention, cheers, John.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:09 pm

If anyone is interested I shall be doing Madonna at El Pato Sucio...date to be announced :wink: :wave:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Nah, Nowt's as good as "Neptunes own" Shaun Foster Conley :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.