Horse Show, Velez-Malaga - 28 September

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Free at Last
Resident

Horse Show, Velez-Malaga - 28 September

Postby Free at Last » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 pm

If anyone in the area has visitors staying, or hasn't seen one of these performances before, there is to be a performance of Spanish High School riding (set to music) on Friday evening in Velez-Malaga, as part of the Feria de San Miguel. It starts at 6.30 pm, at the Feria Ground (between Lidl and the El Ingenio Commercial Centre) and entrance is free. There should be some good photo opportunities.

If the threatened rain materialises, however, it may not take place! Wouldn't be the first time, we always seem to get rain during the feria weekend, just like Semana Santa.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Horse Show, Velez-Malaga - 28 September

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

If you do go I reckon you should avoid going 'round the back' into the stabling area. I do know that one needs to be firm with horses (having owned an eventer bought from Harvey Smith at one time) but I cringe at the treatment handed out so often here. Put your hand up - even slowly and gently - towards a Spanish horse's head and many times it shies away, expecting to be hit - as do so many dogs. :evil:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.