La Trocha, Coin

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Miro
Andalucia Guru

La Trocha, Coin

Postby Miro » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:45 am

There was a front page ad in one of the free rags last week for a Canine and Pet Exhibition taking place tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday, 28th & 29th June, which OH would like to go to. With the aid of a magnifying glass I was able to establish it takes place at somewhere called Trocha; with the aid of Google I was able to establish that La Trocha is a commercial centre in Coín. There was no phone number or any other info in the ad (rather a waste of money, in my limited marketing experience), so I was wondering if any of the good people here could shed any further light on the matter?!
Thanks
:crazy:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: La Trocha, Coin

Postby country boy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Are you asking about directions to La Trocha or details of the Dog & Pet Event?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Mainly the event I suppose, although directions (coming from Torremolinos, through Churriana/Alhaurin I suppose?) wouldn't go amiss, if it's not easy to find.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:07 am

La Trocha is a fairly recognisable landmark building in Coin, mainly because of its rotunda shape so can be spotted from afar. It is on the outskirts of the town, as you approach from Alhaurin el Grande , to the right side of town, you will see it as you come through. Simply turn right at the first roundabout rather than left and into the town centre and the road will take you directly to the the building. They hold a very large market there every Sunday all year under cover of the building - quite worth a visit.
Plenty of room to park in the poligono next door if they are using the car park of La Trocha for the event as I suspect they may.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 am

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Directions were spot on, thanks. La Trocha seems a bit of a waste of space though - Corte Ingles outlet, Dunnes & Springfield and precious little else. The pet show was a disgrace - a few "stalls" flogging box loads of puppies and various other species, in horrific conditions. There were even 3 extremely distressed meerkats in an aquarium - surely not even legal to be selling them? A so-so dog training exhibition took place in an obscure corner of the carpark, which we stumbled upon simply because we had parked near there. Even for Spain, this was a poorly organised shambles. Picked up some cheap spices from a bloke with a stall at the top of the escalators though, had an OK meal (at a place on the road back into town) and quite enjoyed the drive on a balmy summer evening.

Still annoyed about the meerkats though :cry:

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 pm

There's a cafe in there that does an excellent 'All English' breakfast - to maintain the animal theme - it's the dog's b0llocks.