Helium in canisters?

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Bluebell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Helium in canisters?

Postby Bluebell » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 am

Anybody know where I can hire a canister of helium for a celebration? Can you do this? I'm in Jerez.
99% practice - 1% theory

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Helium in canisters?

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 am

As you have had a massive response (lol) thought I would just suggest you ask in your nearest wedding/celebration shop? They will supply helium-filled balloons I am sure for parties, so must get the gas. Try your Yellow Pages, or if feeling really optimistic, the internet!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Laslomas
Resident

Re: Helium in canisters?

Postby Laslomas » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:45 pm

I had a party shop for 10 years and was shocked at the cost of helium in Spain. The expensive annual contract for each bottle was the first shock. The cost of gas was almost 4 times the cost in UK. Because of the expense I only had a two bottles and never let them out of the shop. But I did find some 'use and dispose' canisters that I stocked in the shop for a while. This is probably what you are looking for. Once again the cost was really high, the wholesale price to me being more than double the retail cost in the UK. Because of this I sold them with hardly any mark up and even then was met with complaints about the cost. After a few months I decided they were not worth the hassle as my customers were accusing me of inflated prices, excuse the pun!! It was cheaper for me to provide the balloons and inflate and string them and deliver for less than the disposable canister cost.
There is a website you can get the canisters from but they seem to be currently out of stock. http://www.globofiesta.com/complementos ... hable.aspx
As you will see, this will only inflate 30 balloons and the cost is 55 euros plus delivery. (The same product in the UK is between 15 and 20 pounds) so be prepared for the expense. You also need to know what you are doing as helium balloons only have a short 'fly time' so must be done on the day which is not always easy dependant on what kind of celebration you are having.
I would suggest you look for a local Party shop and get the balloons from them. Cheaper and more relaxing in the long run. Good luck and have fun.