VOS Cinema El Ingenio Velez-Malaga

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
mujer
Andalucia.com Amigo

VOS Cinema El Ingenio Velez-Malaga

Postby mujer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm looking for information for our visitors. When films are advertised in English (VOS) does anybody know if these are also accompanied with subtitles in English or Spanish? Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: VOS Cinema El Ingenio Velez-Malaga

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:33 am

Normally they are the original version with a English soundtrack and Spanish subtitles have been added.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

mujer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mujer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:49 am

Superb.Thanks Gerry.
Good for us all then. I can try to improve my Spanish even if I don't like the film!
It's got me wondering though, the films in Spanish, are they accompanied by any subtitles in any language?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:53 pm

As far as I am aware Spanish language films, shown in the cinema, do not have sub titles.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 pm

This may be a bit off topic but I couldn't find an existing topic that was relevant and don't know how to start a new one.

I note the suggestion that Spanish subtitles on films could assist with learning Spanish. It has been suggested to me that, for the same purpose, I watch Spanish TV using the subtitles intended for the deaf. I can't seem to find how to switch this on though.

Are they available with all channels? Only specific ones? I have been told it is not a function of my TV, as I thought, but is something that the Govt requires - maybe only for some channels though?

Any advice?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Erika,
" don't know how to start a new one"

Go to the Section you want to Post in.......Top Left under the Section Heading is....... "New Topic"

Click .....give it a Title and post away.......... 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Erika
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Erika » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:09 pm

thanks Enrique. Will do. Hope I pick the right topic. :D

johnr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby johnr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:21 am

I've seen two films at El Ingenio in the last year or so in English. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and, the other day, the new Mission Impossible.

Both had slight problems. Yes, they are in English. But both films have 'foreign' dialogue too. And then the subtitles are hardcoded into Spanish and there are no English subtitles.

Mission wasn't too bad. Not too much foreign dialogue (and, frankly, it doesn't really matter for an action film). But Apes - half the film is the apes talking! Still, it put my Spanish to a good test!

But it is a problem that needs addressing.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:54 am

Can I please ask the original question again but in a slightly different way?
On another local information website, it says that El Ingenio cinema is showing "Spotlight" today, in English, at 4pm.
However, on the Cinema website, it says the film is showing at 6pm and when I click on the trailer link, the commentary and dialogue is totally in Spanish. ( dubbed obviously)
Does anyone know for certain whether the 4pm showing is a reality and in English? Are there two shows, one in English and one in Spanish?

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:50 am

Spotlight excellent film. Try Trumbo as well.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Erika,
I don't know anything about Spanish TV. I am in the UK. On my SKY remote, about half way down, there is a 'help' button on the right hand side. This is where I can click my subtitles on and off.
Maybe somebody on the Forum, who has the same remote as you, can help you. Good luck.

Ramonazo

Postby Ramonazo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am

In the cinema the movies are synchronized. They put Spanish voices, unless is advertised in English (VOS). Then you will hear the movie in English and chances are that will be subtitled in Spanish.

In the TV, most of the channels you can set to show subtitles in English, and sometimes but not very often you can set your TV to listen in English.