Artisans Market

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Artisans Market

Postby Evelyn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 pm

In Parque Andalucia, Friday, Sat, Sun 18,19,20 November. Worth a little mooch around. Congratulations to the Ayuntamiento who have seen sense and brought it back where it belongs, in the Park.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Artisans Market

Postby gerryh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Go on, give us a hint as to where in Andalucia is Parque Andalucia.
A quick Google search doesn't reveal it's location.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Is it this one or the one in Malaga City Soho district.?

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Sorry, just assume people who know Velez knows the Park. As you enter the centre of Malaga by the big Fountain and it is the Park there with the 300 year old trees. If coming from the Ayuntamiento walk straight down to the bottom of Calle Canalejas and you will see the park in front of you.Apologies just read my post and realise I didnt say Velez.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:33 pm

So Malaga or Velez Malaga. A big difference but you say "as you enter the centre of malaga"

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Now you are just being picky. Velez Malaga.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Why would you assume we know that "Malaga" means "Velez Malaga"? Why would you assume everyone on here knows Velez? Re-read your post again - you didn't say Velez, but you didn't say Malaga either. Parque Andalucia? Out of over 87,000 km2, we're just supposed to know where that is?! :crazy:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Anyone who puts their location as Andalucia on a forum dedicated to Andalucia is not exactly being helpful!

Evelyn, perhaps you could be more specific which might help other members offer more appropriate comments.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:48 am

Evelyn wrote:Sorry, just assume people who know Velez knows the Park. As you enter the centre of Malaga by the big Fountain and it is the Park there with the 300 year old trees. If coming from the Ayuntamiento walk straight down to the bottom of Calle Canalejas and you will see the park in front of you.Apologies just read my post and realise I didnt say Velez.
You say “AS YOU ENTER THE CENTRE OF MALAGA” How are we to think thats not Malaga City? Sorry but I am definitely not being picky. Velez to Malaga is about 30KM
Last edited by costakid on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Yes I'd have gone had I known the market is in Velez Malaga.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm

thanks for all your really positive replies. Think I'll go and find a more friendly group who are prepared to accept that people make errors once in a while.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:06 pm

We all make errors. Take it on the chin and keep posting. All posts are welcome.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Did anybody go to the market? If so, any good?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 pm

:lol: What market? Where was it?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

maureenscot wrote:Did anybody go to the market? If so, any good?
We went this afternoon. There didn't seem to be as many stalls as on previous occasions when the market has been held, there were a lot of empty spaces where stalls would normally be. However, it seemed fairly busy with people browsing and buying. We bought a couple of food items.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Don't worry, Evelyn, you did try to correct your post to make it clearer :) Maybe change your location to Velez Malaga or wherever you are - Andalucia is of course huge.

I've noticed quite a few new posters recently, it's nice to have your company, keep joining in and you will get to know us :)

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Thanks for your nice remarks. I did try to correct my error but didnt seem to be enough for some people. I did go to the market and bought some lovely food stuffs. I think it was busier than other times but different time of year.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:06 am

I must make more effort to get to know Velez Malaga. Never been to the Parque Andalucia. The few times we've been we tend to get lost. Once we even lost our car, which we'd parked in a back street. Luckily, I remembered the name of the street and after walking around for what felt like hours and having no luck when asking people where the street was, we got in a taxi........the taxi driver thought we were mad, as it turned out to be about a VERY short drive away! We were so relieved to see the car, we tipped him generously lol. We haven't yet found a good map of Velez.......or maybe it's us....... our sense of direction is rubbish.

Let us know when interesting events are on in Velez and we will venture forth again :)

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:18 am

There is a good town map available with all the points of interest marked on it, which you can get from the Tourist Information Office which is right at the back of the Ayuntamiento building (the entrance is on C/Romero Pozo, along the side of the Ayuntamiento buildiing heading uphill from the Plaza de Las Carmelitas). There are guided walks available regularly (I think you have to book but the Tourist Infomation Office would tell you) with an English speaking guide. Coming in from your direction, the easiest place to park your car would probably be the large open car park just as you come into town on the road from El Trapiche, which is next to the bus station. It's also conveniently next to the bottom end of the Parque de Andalucia (which isn't really a park, by the way, but a long walkway with gardens down each side, and seating all along it, and the huge trees Evelyn referred to earlier at each end).