Dancing in Benalmadena?

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dancing in Benalmadena?

Postby spanishgypsy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:04 pm

Hola, buenas tardes everyone! Can anyone suggest a venue to go dancing at weekends? Dont want the marina! Somewhere with good music, not necessarily discos. I love to dance but the nightlife here for over 35's is pretty..........boring? Somewhere where I can dress up and go out for a nice evening and a dance. The social scene for over 35's seems to be pretty much nonexistent? Muchas gracias!

Re: Dancing in Benalmadena?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:44 pm

spanishgypsy wrote:Hola, buenas tardes everyone! Can anyone suggest a venue to go dancing at weekends? Dont want the marina! Somewhere with good music, not necessarily discos. I love to dance but the nightlife here for over 35's is pretty..........boring? Somewhere where I can dress up and go out for a nice evening and a dance. The social scene for over 35's seems to be pretty much nonexistent? Muchas gracias!
Try the Elephant bar, I don't know the address but I'd be surprised if there's a taxi driver there who doesn't know it!!

spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spanishgypsy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi there! Is that the Elefante? If so, its more of a cabaret sort of place with 'stars in their eyes' performers and not really much room to dance! Would love somewhere with maybe dinner, then dancing to a live band. I suppose thats too much to ask for! Thanks so much for your reply.SG

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:36 pm

spanishgypsy wrote:Hi there! Is that the Elefante? If so, its more of a cabaret sort of place with 'stars in their eyes' performers and not really much room to dance! Would love somewhere with maybe dinner, then dancing to a live band. I suppose thats too much to ask for! Thanks so much for your reply.SG

They did have dancing a couple of nights a week, but it's a while since I've been maybe things have changed, you're right though, there's b***** all round here if you're over 35, Oi ! you entrepreneurs out there reading this?

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:34 pm

it's probably worth travelling into Malaga - surely there must be plenty there for over 35s

spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spanishgypsy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:00 am

There must be SOMEWHERE in this vast metropolis that caters for the social lives of over 35's! Wouldnt it be great if we had somewhere nice we could go for some dinner and then dancing? In Sweden they have these fantastic places where you can go, have dinner, play roulette and dance. They have several different areas with different musics playing so you can choose. They also have piano bars within the complexes if you just want to sit and chill. Wouldnt somewhere like that be great here? Dont think I would want to travel into Malaga though. When you get over 35, you get a tad lazy! Gone are the days when we would board the buses for a wild night out, discoing like mad, and returning back at all hours of the morning............so I'm with Syd! All you entrepreneurs out there, listen to what we want!!!!! :twisted: