SKY + in Costa De Luz

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Martin Page
Resident

SKY + in Costa De Luz

Postby Martin Page » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Were coming out to Chiclana De la Frontera (Cadiz) shortly.

Is it worth bringing our SKY + box with us?

I know that we need a 2.5M solid Dish and we have been told that’s it best to get a high gain standard box locally and to leave the old Pace box at home
Is it the same for the new SKY +

vindaloo1973
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby vindaloo1973 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi Martin.
A 2.5 metre dish is way too big. I use 1.25m dishes and I live in El Puerto de Santa Maria which is not far from Chiclana. I also fitted a Sky + system last week in the Chiclana area and I can get all the channels including Channel 5.
As for the Sky + box, it is best and wait and see if it works or not. There are some boxes which are better, but usually the Sky+ boxes will work without any problems. So wait until you have the system fitted. If you would some more information,please PM me.

Phil
Positive things happen to positive people.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:49 am

I have been considering changing my sky to a plus system, but is it right that you can only record if you have either sports and or movie channel??
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:37 pm

keddyboy wrote:I have been considering changing my sky to a plus system, but is it right that you can only record if you have either sports and or movie channel?
Its half true! To use the recording feature of Sky+ you must pay Sky an additional £10 monthly subscription. If you already have the basic pack plus one of the premium packs (Sport or Movies) then the £10 sub is waived.

If you have a Sky+ box without the £10 sub it becomes a basic Digibox and you cannot record anything to the hard disk.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Much better to keep your existing satellite receiver and buy a HDD/DVD recorder which will be of much better quality.