removals

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Well Big Col it is :lol: I knew his standard of service and reliability would catch up with him some day.

Col mate I would consider this a vote of confidence, and one so richly deserved. Love to All

Van XX

El Guiri

Big Col

Postby El Guiri » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Big Col offers a stunning service and has recently delivered a heavy, difficult and fragile load at a very reasonable price to a difficult location in the Lecrin valley, He was on time if not early. I got his details from the forum and it was his service that prompted me to sign up...He gets my vote every time.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:03 pm

It's nice to hear an ex-pat (I assume) get a pat on the back for service and price..........makes a change from some of the rip-off merchants we hear so much about.

Gus

stevepam

Postby stevepam » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:21 pm

:evil: hi out there i was wondering if any one had news of warm horizons as i also have a lot of furniture and very valuable item with i cant trace .i have herd that the owner had a garage sale and sold everything .dose any one have more help for me please .i cant report them to the police as the company is Spanish and as I'm now living in England with only halve my furniture its not possible to do a denoucia on the robbers i am searching and hope fully i will find them.please help if you can .thanks

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:53 pm

There's another thread regarding Warm Horizon's deceased here:- http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic-t12431.htm

Big Col says in the thread that he was hoping to obtain the phone number for the company dealing with deliveries to their customers.

tjtops
Resident

Re: removals

Postby tjtops » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 pm

kris wrote:
i am looking for a good removals company to move me from the uk to spain. can you help me ?

[/b]
I can also highly recommend one NOT to go with....a guy who calls himself David Bush International, based I think in Malaga and advertises in Sur. I can honetly say I have never had the misfortune to deal with such a rude, menacing and thoroughly nasty pice of (uninsured!) work in my life. He picked up a car engine for me in England and delivered it here (as an item on a part load) but was so obnoxious it was untrue. He threatened to drive off with it if I didn;t pay before I even saw it was on his van or in one piece (after having admitted that the pallet had broken en route) and when I asked him if his insurance would cover it if it was indeed damaged in transit he just laughed in my face before swearing at me. Unbelievable and obviously illegal too.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

removals

Postby Julie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:36 pm

I also would like to say, DO NOT use Sovereign removals, a guy called Slim, think he is based near Mojacar, but does any area, he quoted me, but then when he turned up he wanted to take half the stuff as he said it was more than 20 square metres, not that was ever a mention of volume, as he knew i was going myself the following day, i think he though i would just agree, anyway i told him to get lost, much to his surprised, I then posted a post on www.loadup.co.uk had the stuff taken the following day for half the price, also it was 15 cube, even less than the Sovereign guy was saying.
I think when you read posting about people like this big col, then hes probably a good bet, so although i don't know him from Adam, i think hes probably worth giving a go.

Sandi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Removals

Postby Sandi » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:55 pm

I would like to put in a word for Witham Brothers, they have a base in Alhuarin El Grande. Their staff were efficient, friendly, CAREFUL, and everything arrived unbroken, 24 hrs ahead of schedule, at a good price. Obviously they do removals from UK too. :D

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:52 pm

re Witham Bros, I haven't used them but I have heard good reports too (even from another removal company!). Just don;t use David Bush!

Don

Postby Don » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Nice to see many recommendations and warnings. Dont know where in the UK you are moving from but I used Wotton of Tiverton to bring a part load down and they picked up, stored a while and delivered all with excellent price, friendly and efficient. They have fleet of vehicles and are used to spanish deliveries.