New Golden Mile

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Golden Mile

Postby jwc » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:14 pm

Thinking of buying an apartment in this area has anyone thoughts on best value for money preferably beach side

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 pm

Which Golden Mile are you referring to??? The old Marbella circuit has long moved up the coast to Sotogrande!!!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

deidrev
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deidrev » Sat May 05, 2007 12:57 pm

The Manilva, Duquesa area is also called the New Golden Mile. We live in a very nice urbanisation.
Look out for a private message.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Sat May 05, 2007 3:16 pm

I thought the new golden mile was between San Pedro and Estepona?

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sat May 05, 2007 3:21 pm

There are a few Golden Miles it appears. Whichever one the sales sharks think will catch the posers is the one of the moment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Many Golden miles and Golf valley's, don't have many new ideas here :roll: Must be confusing for the tourists.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sat May 05, 2007 8:16 pm

i thought it was Blackpool....or Rusholme for the curries
anyway, anyway, love from me.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sat May 05, 2007 8:43 pm

katy wrote:Many Golden miles and Golf valley's, don't have many new ideas here :roll: Must be confusing for the tourists.
I love the way people who buy in places such as Manilva or Sabinillas, always put Duquesa Marina as their Spanish location, they mustn't know that this particular port was built by the mafia to clean up some of their drug money.
Or those with a run down studio in a Calahonda Aparthotel claim to be in Marbella.

The confusion is self inflicted by the poseurs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

deidrev
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deidrev » Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 pm

:shock: Everyone seems to be jumping on the Golden Mile bandwagon . As far as I'm concerned our address is Sabinillas even though we are 2 kms away and beyond both Duquesa and Castillo! :wink:
Where there's a will, there's a way!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sun May 06, 2007 12:00 am

Agreed SH :-)
Our place is in Torreblanca - for which I am truly grateful :-)

Gus

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun May 06, 2007 8:31 pm

There's an area in Benalmadena called the "suicide mile" where if you are stupid enough to buy a bar you are guaranteed to lose your money.
Ah! the full english!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun May 06, 2007 9:02 pm

In response to another comment, people often do "enhance" their addresses by referring to the closest "known name" area as their postal address, however as far as I know there has only ever been one Hotel in Calahonda and that was built by Franco in the thirties and is now an expensive apartment block, in modern times there have never been any hotels of any description.
Calahonda, Mijas Costa, was built purely as an urbanisation and contains only Villas, town houses and apartments, I believe there are one or two timeshare companies there and the local population consists of about 70% foreigners, mostly Brit's ,Germans and Scandinavians
There are more than a few villas in the original part of Calahonda which wouls sell today for well over a million euros.
Calahonda was largely developed by the Van Dulken family starting in the mid sixties and was at first only of interest to Germans seeking cheap sunshine destinations.
One of the disadvantages of Calahonda is that every bar you go in will remind you of either (a) An east enders set, because it's full of people saying thins like "Elloo John, gotta new moata" or (b) like a coronation street set because it's full of people saying things like "yaw right luv, dya want owt fromt chippy" :wink:
Ah! the full english!!