Izbor query please

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jessikalu
Tourist

Izbor query please

Postby jessikalu » Tue May 22, 2007 12:26 pm

First of all, Hola to you all, this is my first post on this forum and I would be glad of your help.

I live in a small town on the Costa Blanca. I have the chance to buy a 200 year old house in the village of Izbor.

I've seen all the pictures of the house, and I've googled the area, but there's little info regarding the village itself.

It'll be some weeks before I can go and look at the area in person, so I'm hoping you guys will be able to fill me in a little in the meantime with some info.

What is the Dialect?
What is the weather like in winter?
Is there good access to the village during bad weather?
Have you any negative comments about the area.?

I'm afraid all I've learned from the internet is that it's 30 mins from Granada, and about an hour from Malaga and a 'rock climbing area' lol.

Any more info would be very appreciated :D

Besos Jessi x

Jill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jill » Tue May 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Hello Jessi
Only been there once but briefly the dialect is strong Andaluz. The weather is generally OK in winter but can get very cold at night. I think it is still just below the snow line of the Sierra Nevada and is probably classified as being part of the Lecrin Valley. I believe there is fairly good access to the village. Weather should not affect it. However, the road in is very narrow and steep and if my memory serves correctly traffic operates on a kind of one way system. In fact everything is very steep - you will stay fit!
I think only 1 hour from Malaga is a little optamistic. If I can help further just ask!
Regards, Jill

jessikalu
Tourist

Postby jessikalu » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Jill , muchas gracias...apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been in London on hols for the last 2 weeks. :D

Very hot here in Rojales CB today...45 deg on the terrace 8)

I'm taking a drive down to see the village and the property next week, so I wondered if you might have an idea of a cheapie B&B or similar, close to the area?

Many thanks again. :D

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ah! the full english!!

Jill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jill » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:13 am

Hi Jessi
Izbor is a tiny village and I do not think you will find a B&B there!! Try looking for somewhere in Salobrena where I think there are a few reasonbly priced hostals. Sorry I could not help further.
Regards, Jill

jessikalu
Tourist

Postby jessikalu » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Retro, what?????? :lol:

Jill, no I realise that there would be no accomodation in Isbor, but thanks for the name of the nearby town.

Gonna look at Motril as well, as I understand that's not too far away.

Thanks again Jill :D

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:40 pm

Had a week in a nearby village, same exit from main road, Granada - Motril, as Izbor.
Izbor was the big town for the locals where I stayed. Nice place 2 bars, found, and 1 shop, not found.
Walk over hill to and walk road back! Bars friendly with tapas(not prawn though)
I thought Izbor an attractive small Spanish village/town. Most cars seemed to park at 'bottom' of town and folks walked up. Roads in town above 'town square' 1 car wide and very bendy and steep, ideal for donkey travel or shankses. :wink:
When I was there was a lot of road works on the main road but access to Izbor was ok.
Wasn't keen on Motril but that was where I did most of my shopping.

jessikalu
Tourist

Postby jessikalu » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Fabulous, thanks for that Ron, any info gratefully received :D

The only info we have about the place is that you can't park the car near the house that we're going to view (as you said) and that Motril is the nearest beach.

We don't have a single idea of the area whatsoever, apart from research on the www.

We're taking an overnight trip to view the house next week, so does anyone have any suggestions of must see places within easy driving distance while we're there.?

Muchas gracias :D

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Lanjaron is a nice place to stay we have stayed at the Hotel Lanjaron twice a very friendly place and the manager Victor speaks good english
approx 35 euros per night for a double room b&b. Izbor is only a 10 min drive from Lanjaron.
Orgiva is a must see place and drive along the alpujarras valley is worth a look.
Leonardo :D

jessikalu
Tourist

Postby jessikalu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Leonardo , Muchas Gracias, that's exactly what we need, bless you :D

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm

i have sent you a pm with the Hotel details

Leonardo

jessikalu
Tourist

Postby jessikalu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Thank you Len, and also to all the other people who sent me links for accomodation, much appreciated :D

Jill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jill » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Jessi
Don't forget to let us know how you get on with your house viewing and what you thought of Izbor.
Jill

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi Jessie

How was your trip to Izbor

Leonardo