Smartcall

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Smartcall

Postby JJ » Tue May 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Does anyone out there use Smartcall, the low cost telephone company? I can't get a dial up to the service and their website is showing 'page not found'.

I guess they've probably gone bust, but would like to know if anyone else has had problems.

Thanks

JJ

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue May 22, 2007 11:56 pm

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.smartcall.com/

I don't use this company but have just tried their web site and it works fine for me.

JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby JJ » Wed May 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Thanks Beachcomber, that's not their website. It's www.smartcall.tv

JJ

Les Smith

Smartcall

Postby Les Smith » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi JJ

I've been using Smartcall for a couple of years, but like you I found about a month ago their service stopped working. I've tried calling them on all of their numbers which are no longer available and e-mailed them twice with no reply.

They've made off with about €60 of mine that I prepaid. I've stopped the direct debit authority at my bank in case they try and have another 'top up'!!

Never mind.

All the best, Les

menorca100

Smartcall

Postby menorca100 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:15 am

Hi there,
We had been using Smartcall for our calls from Menorca and yes they seem to have done a runner, we took "advantage" of a special offer
"top up your credit with 100euros and get 25 free" lost the lot 150euros+.
They were trading as Smartcalluk.com with a uk phone number 00 44
870 626 0276 also Smart Call Sl. with phone number 902 021 166. none of the above web sites or phone numbers respond.
They also get a mention on blagger.com by someone in Portugal who has had the same problem.
Regards,
Jeff

JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby JJ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Les and Menorca

I lost a pittance in comparison to you two. It makes my blood boil that these people can get away with it. They rang a friend to top up just before they disappeared but she said no as she wasn't entirely out of credit.

I've now gone over to the Eurodirect card for my calls to the UK. For 6 Euros you get 300 minutes. The only problem is that it's only valid for 45 days.

JJ