Moving to Andalucia. A step closer!

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Campo Kenny

Moving to Andalucia. A step closer!

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:04 pm

Rules, rules crappy bloody rules. UK is a great place to be but the pea brained self important David Brent like idiots running it are driving me crackers :roll:

We're now on fortnightly waste collections and we have a myriad of stupid little bags and boxes of various colours to put out with the 2 main bins at the designated time.
Each week I'm sure the "waste management operatives" try their best to find fault with what we do and without fail leave one of the bags or boxes for some paltry reason or another................It would just be easier to throw the f****ng lot in the main bin and be done with it really :evil: but OH spends a fair bit of time doing her bit to sort it and trying to be a bit greener.

Anyway today OH phones about an hour ago, she says we have about 10 telephone directories in the hall that need getting shut of.............she asks me to phone council and ask what recepticle to use for recycling.

"OK Dear......consider it done"

So...............................

Rings council, gets 3 minute automated sermon on how to be a greenie, and what punishment I can expect if I do not follow the rules. I then get through to switchboard where the lady sounded like she was in the middle of her lunch
Me>"Can I speak to someone regarding the waste collection please?"
Lady>"Chomp, chomp, chomp" What?"
Me> I want to speak to someone about tomorrows collection please"
Lady> Chomp, Chomp, Chomp...... What is it you need to know, Chomp Chomp etc.
Me> What to do with old phone directories?
Lady>Chomp, Chomp, Chomp Directories?????? I'll have to pass you over to someone
Me> (under breath) Stupid ignorant *beep*

Erk> Hello can I help?
Me> (Long sigh) Yes please, what do I do with old phone directories?.
Erk> What are they like? :?
Me> How the fu errrr how do you mean what are they like?
Erk>Are they Thompson, are they are they Telecom, are they business?
Me> A few of each
Erk> Can you bend the covers?
Me> Are you taking the **** ?
Erk> No, I have to establish what the covers of the directories are made of
Me> I can bend this one I've got hold of..I'm a strong lad you know
Erk>Are the backs cardboard or paper is what I'm asking
Me> Why didn't you say that then rather than asking me if I can bend the *beep*.
Erk> Ok, what are the covers made of.
Me> Paper
Erk> Ok, they can go in the blue bag for paper.
Me> Thank you, thats all I wanted to know.
Erk> But rip the backs off first and throw them in your black waste bin.
Me> Why would I want to do that?, we've just established they're paper.
Erk> In case our waste management operatives think they're cardboard.
Me> Are your waste management operatives *beep* stupid?
Erk> Not at all, they're highly trained. I'm just trying to avoid any confusion.
Me> Confusion? Nahhhh crystal clear mate. Thank you once more.

Oh for the simple but effective Bazura systems in the villages of Andalucia.

Kenny

maggiebee
Tourist

Postby maggiebee » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Oh Kenny, you did make me laugh! My poor, aged parents are struggling with a similar system in Buckinghamshire. My Dad is 89 and blind and my Mum is in poor health. They have nightmares over their rubbish collection - and live in dread of a red label on their bin. Wish I could just whisk them over to Andalucia!

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

moving to Andalucia a step closer

Postby ht006d5256 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 pm

Monday at 1030am I watched the recycle lorry pull up to collect all the recyclable stuff, paper that is put in one box glass in another and plastic the collectors un hooked orange wheelie bins tipped the paper in the wheelie bin, on top the glass, on top of that the plastic, connected the wheelie bin to the lorry which tipped the lot together into the refuse lorry question: Why did the residents sort it in the first place, what a blxxxy farce. I am very very glad to say the exchange of contracts for the sale of my house here took place today, and am getting unbearable as I cant wait to book my ONE WAY ticket to Granada airport for my new life in Andalucia
Howard

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Different country..same s-h-i-t-e

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:05 pm

Be careful what you wish for, bureaucracy here is a minefield :evil: In fact if it was an Olympic sport then they could just cancel the event cos nobody could ever beat Spain :roll:

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 am

:shock: :lol: Kenny, that did make me laugh.....what a bl**dy ridiculous system, I hear there are problems throughout the UK with it :roll: I've just put my bag af rubbish outside my front door for my daily collection :D

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Perhaps an extra large bag coloured bright red with the words
"Please incinerate immediately in bold letters".
Only to be used for Blair,Brown,Reid,Livingstone,traffic wardens, shaven headed, tattooed, fat, Union jack short-wearing blokes, Manchester City supporters, hoodies, and anyone who combs the last couple of strands of hair over the bald patch. Oh Bliss!