Moving to Calahonda Area

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving to Calahonda Area

Postby RitaW » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:20 pm

Dear All,
I discovered this site yesterday and - ever quick off the mark - this is my first post. We have lived in Spain before in the Mojacar area. We returned to UK almost five years ago and unfortunately ended up staying as my mum got the dreaded big C ( uterine cancer ). She passed 2 months after my son started school. I couldn't uproot him again so soon. So we drifted along.

We've been trying to get back ever since but the time has never been right. We finally made our decision on Monday night would you believe, and I have had a friend frantically researching schools and getting us a home since then! We will be moving to the Calahonda area some time after the 27th July. We were due to go out for an extended vacation then anyway - but now won't be coming back YIPPEE!

I have a son 7 years and a daughter who will be five a couple of days after we arrive. Our friend is sending her five year old to Escuela E. I. P. Jardin Botanico in La Cala de Mijas. Any one any information on that school? I know it is fairly new. We hope Callum and Hannah will go there as they get on well with my friend's little boy and it would be a friendly face at least.

Any helpful or interesting information about the region would be much appreciated. It seems a great forum by the way.

Rita x

Chrissie
Resident

Moving to Calahonda Area

Postby Chrissie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Rita
Can't help with the Calahonda query but I wish you every good luck and happiness with the move. I'm sure the children will settle well as they're still young enough to adapt quickly.
Best of luck again and welcome to the forum :D
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

RitaW
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby RitaW » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:31 pm

Thanks so much for the reply and welcome Chrissie. Truly the move can't come soon enough. As I said the move back to UK was enforced as such. I just flew home to show the new baby to everyone and my sister was taken in to hospital having her son almost 4mths premature. She almost died and I couldn't leave her, so we stayed to make sure she and baby were fine. Just as she was on the mend, Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and we put off returning again. Something always seemed to happen to delay us coming back.

We run a B & B business and had planned to rent in UK for about 18 months from October and plan our move back to Spain. This week we just decided why wait - might as well rent in the sunshine for 18 months instead.

Looking forward to being an active member on the boards. God bless the internet - so many cyber buddies to share information with.