confusion

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.

Relocationwhich is better Crete or Spain

Crete
6%
spain
94%

Total votes: 16

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

confusion

Postby Pirateprincess » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:08 pm

I was wondering could you advise me as to which is better,,my parents have bought a place in inland spain..but now i'm not sure spain is the place so a little help if you can guys n girls...i know i can always rely on you lot...
LOUISE M

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:04 pm

i voted on toilet paper. now I can flush it away. if i was in Crete, you would be able to see my vote still in the bin! :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:02 pm

Well what result would you expect on an andalucian forum? You should have had a "don't know" as I am undecided. Spain is not what it was it has a "sameness" about it and has lost its duende, it is also full of Brits (but maybe thats what you want) and according to our resident traffic warden full of UK cars even in the smallest village :wink:

I do know someone who has moved to Crete who is very happy, certainly the people are more friendly and do honestly like the Brits. However to be fair haven't been for a few years so it could have changed as Spain has. If you live Inland in Crete you are never far from the sea whereas here it can be 2 hours away. Also heard that Greek hospitals aren't so good but they could have improved. If I were to be making the move I would certainly look at both of them and preferably spend some time in the winter

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't. Image

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 pm

I liked Crete but it is a smallish island and one of the things we like about Spain is the feeling of space.
Fred

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:16 pm

I like Crete, but its a few years since we were there.

One of the reasons why we chose Spain was that it was easier to get to from the UK and a shorter flight time. Also the Spanish language is a bit easier than Greek.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 pm

I liked Crete also, and the other Greek islands we have been to. However if you are coming and going the flight times are longer and they are not so plentiful and cheap.
Grouser

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:57 pm

It depends on whether you are buying a home or just intend to visit as a tourist.

For living I would choose Spain over Crete but for a holiday home it would be pretty even.

Personally I don't like the Aegean islands - I would go for a place in the Ionian - Cephalonia or Corfu, but the weather is awful in the winter.

Sid

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:02 pm

I think that Spain is Crete, what's all that about? :?
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"