Traditional Estate Agent or Website Agent......

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Traditional Estate Agent or Website Agent......

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:10 am

I notice that the Tesco Supermarket chain are now offering a 'one stop shop' to sell your property online, and there are already many other firms ....like Rightmove etc, with similar methods.........So I now wonder if we will see the decline of the High Street estate agents, like the High Street travel agents...
Will the general public be happy to prepare a property sales listing and show prospective buyers around their homes...?

Tesco is charging 199 Pounds for their service,is this attractive enough for the public to attempt their own sales or would they be happy to continue paying an average of 5%, in Spain and around 2% in UK?....
There are already numerous internet based property agents advertising that they will sell your property for small fixed fees, however you are only really paying for advertising, not a full estate Agents service....
So I wonder if advertising your own property will work, and has anyone already experienced this method?...I have experienced advertising Spanish Property on Ebay, certainly generates a lot of interest.....
So it will be interesting to see how a big 'outfit' like Tesco get on...... :?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 am

Sorry....I've put this under the wrong heading, ..... :oops: