Port Banus

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
DecorDiva
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DecorDiva » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:13 am

Sleeping with the enemy I think it was called!

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm

Have to agree with Sampedrena, I have just bought in San Pedro too and there is a great community feel to the place, its always bustling and lots of shops , bars etc all in walking distance. Ok the properties are older but you will more than make up for that living in the centre,

I used to live in Dama de Noche near Banus cos I thought it would be a good location , we never met anyone there until the garage flooded, and even after that never saw most of the people again unless you passed them on the way out, def a no no if you want some life.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:30 pm

It's always bustling!

That sounds like estate agent speak for "like a mad house with a permanent traffic jam!" :D I said here before, we used to stay in Benahavis a lot, but the combination of the relentless building and traffic saw me off. :?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:39 pm

Frank, have you been there recently? We went a few months ago and hardly recognised the place, only the small plaza is the same :(

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Viewed an apartment there a few months ago street were so steep I was looking for the chair lift

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm

katy wrote:Frank, have you been there recently? We went a few months ago and hardly recognised the place, only the small plaza is the same :(
No, I haven't Katy, I vowed I'd never go back! Same as Torrevieja! Do you think I should? Has the traffic got any better/worse?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Thanks for the scepticism guys, but I do actually live there(San Pedro) and love it, it´s busy all the time and everything is easily accesible, you don´t need to get in a car to go anywhere, a massive bonus on this coast, and it´s got a great community feel, something which is being lost everyday here in Spain :( .

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Think we may be at cross purposes, I was writing about Benahavis :) Be better at S.Pedro when the tunnel is completed. I can remember being able to park on the main road there, and in marbella (and I am not so old!)