Teaching Profesion Requirements?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
sevillaexpat

Teaching Profesion Requirements?

Postby sevillaexpat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:58 am

Hi Im new in this forum, Im happy I found it.
My Dad’s spanish and I grew up in the Philippines with my mom. Im planing to move back to sevilla to be with my dad.
I want to find a teaching job in Sevilla, I speak spanish but my english is way better than my spainsh…

does anyone know what are the requirements?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 am

Try this web for info
http://www.mec.es/
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Chrissie
Resident

Teaching profession requirements

Postby Chrissie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Sevillaexpat - I would have thought your best route initially would be to get a job in one of the many foreign language schools then you will have time to find out exactly what is available for someone with your skills within the state school system.
Good luck
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

sevillaexpat

Postby sevillaexpat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:05 am

Muchas Gracias por la informacion Silver,
To Andalucia.com amigos, thank you for your advice... i never said i would be an English teacher.. .... i know 4 languages aside from English and Spanish I've had to learn when i was a kid the National dialect here in the Philippines which is Tagalog and since i live in the southern part of the Philippines they speak another language which i had to learn too which is Visaya ( it's like being in Barcelona were they speak Spanish and their language is Catalan... anyway, you probably only know English...... and therefore don't know what its like......

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:08 am

Good on you sevillaexpat. I would think that makes your point quite well. :lol:

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:24 pm

To find a teaching post in Spain is practically impossible for the Spanish.One has to prepare many years for the opposition exam and many thousand people sit these exams .Priority is given to those who have been working as interinos(these are those lucky enough to be called to fill posts of ill teachers etc)
The results of the last exam will be published on the 16th of this month and these oppositions were only for primary school teachers.It has been many years since exams to find secondary school teaches have been called.
Even if a place has been won it might mean moving to another part of the country,usually to a village.It is only with time that teachers are able to move to the city of their choice.