Anyone got a house for sale?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
cani
Tourist

Postby cani » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:49 pm

Good on you, they know you have money, you want to buy
and they are getting 'desperate' A 'pound in the bank' is worth 2 in the bush....or in Spain (Andalucia in particular, as it has been overpriced for the last 20 years when you consider the infrastructure). For the buyers among us, prices are falling. I can understand that owners will try to say otherwise but this is just not true. I gave just one example and can give many more. After looking for +/- 3 years we have seen the change in the market and the 'silly' prices that were asked for, and possibly paid, some years ago. Perhaps reality has kicked in?

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm

Cani, owners or for instance myself are not denying there's a downturn in prices....I personally have just not seen it in the properties I'd be interested in.
Actually as in the UK, if the property market were to nosedive I personally would not find it a worry, we've spoken about it and I would try turning it to our advantage and try grabbing a bargain on a better/larger place.
The price or value of a property does not or should not worry people unless they are upping sticks and cashing in, then it's maybe a problem.

Out of interest you say you've looked for 3 years but are in "no hurry". Did not one place jump out at you that you just could not say no to :? ?

I admire you for that. We were invited to Spain for the first time 5 years ago by a mate who'd renovated a nice finca. On the last day of the stay we decided to "waste" an estate agents time and looked a 6 houses with him.
He left us at the bar to think about things, we got p1ssed flipped a coin on the 2 we liked best and signed the paperwork. Picked the keys up 6 weeks later. It had to be done!

You have a better control of your emotions than me to spend 3 years searching and not having a dabble.

Kenny

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:14 pm

cani wrote:Good on you, they know you have money, you want to buy
and they are getting 'desperate' A 'pound in the bank' is worth 2 in the bush....or in Spain (Andalucia in particular, as it has been overpriced for the last 20 years when you consider the infrastructure). For the buyers among us, prices are falling. I can understand that owners will try to say otherwise but this is just not true. I gave just one example and can give many more. After looking for +/- 3 years we have seen the change in the market and the 'silly' prices that were asked for, and possibly paid, some years ago. Perhaps reality has kicked in?
I don't think it has been overpriced for 20years, I certainly would have liked to have bought 20 years ago. Have made very good profit selling properties this year that were bought 6 years ago.
I think there is a big reduction in price of "off plan" due to the ridiculous over development on the coast, coupled with the fact that times are becoming hard for people so there is little market for such a large number of off plans . I don't notice much difference in pricing of resale apartments on the coast. There have always been many villas for resale on the coast, yes possibly advertised at hugely inflated prices 3 years ago, anyone wanting to sell is having to put them up at a realistic price. But I have yet to see anything I would call a bargain.

cani
Tourist

Postby cani » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Campo Kenny, some 9 years ago I inherited a fifth part of a 'huge' old Marbella villa. I spent most of my childhood holidays there , 3 times per year, with my spinster aunt and her 'lover'. We know the area very well and are looking for just the right place, although we really would prefer not to buy in Marbella. I still own a fifth share in the old house but we now would like a nice place of our own. Actually I would prefer an apartment but my husband would prefer something with a garden. We have seen maybe 100 different places over the last few years but still not one that says 'I'm it'.
Patience?

Miggy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Miggy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Poor Fruity :wink:

He only came here looking for a house and what did he get?

A debate on property!!! :twisted:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Cani, like you but not as grand, I was left a 1/8th share of a not so huge terrace in Liverpool a good 10 years back.............never gave me any patience though :oops: If you like something and can afford it I just don't know how you can walk away :? If I can't afford it I don't look at it. (Just me and a personal thing) Maybe my Mrs. is right and I'm just a *beep* :shock:

Fruity
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: ..

Postby Fruity » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:17 am

Miggy wrote:Poor Fruity :wink:

He only came here looking for a house and what did he get?

A debate on property!!! :twisted:
LOL, tell me about it, but hey I started a good thread didn't I? LOL

BTW Fruity is a she ;)

Fruity