So what about Nerja then?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm

I think even the broom cupboard there would be out of my reach!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:19 pm

We are here at last, Frigiliana is beautiful, the people are lovely and everythng is going smoothly so far! :shock: Apart from the storms, mudslides and no power that is but it could be worse :lol: We walked up to the town hall the other day and felt like we were riding the rapids on the way back down, all the steps have turned into waterfalls and the roads into rivers :lol: . It just feels as if we have moved house so far not moved country but I'm sure it will all sink in at some point.

Are you coming for a brew Frank? I'll put the kettle on :wink:

Chrissie
Resident

So what about Nerja then?

Postby Chrissie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi Diana,
So glad you made it :!:
I'm looking forward to the next instalment of the adventure :D
What terrible weather you arrived to - can't believe the pictures of the hailstorms, and your area seems to have been particularly badly hit :cry:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 pm

:lol: you have to laugh don't you? :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:21 am

dido72 wrote:
Are you coming for a brew Frank? I'll put the kettle on :wink:
Put it on the back burner, we leave on Thursday, but we have a few weeks touring around the south first, we arrive in **** on the 13 Oct.
Our Spanish friend always tells me about the lovely weather they are having there, but he hasn't mentioned the heavy rains! :D That's like a few in here, only tell the good bits! :D
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Are you coming for a brew Frank? I'll put the kettle on
I quoted the above, leaving out all the rest of the post, so amused to get the following in a PM. As the post I was answering was a couple before my reply, for clarification, I quoted the last line.
The number of post here are way down to what they used to be, I'm hardly surprised. I'll probably be banned now for quoting their quote. Do I care, not a jot, always plenty more forums about, and none of which I have ever been chastised for using the quote facility.

Users are encouraged to make sensible use of the quote facility on the noticeboard. For the most part it is obvious which post you are replying to especially when in sequential order. Over use of quotes leads to long unwieldy pages of text which involve a lot of scrolling which are not user friendly. Please try to keep quote usage to a minimum where necessary.
Thank you for your co-operation
Andalucia.com
:?
Regards, Frank

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:58 pm

:lol: Hilarious :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:14 pm

frank wrote:
Are you coming for a brew Frank? I'll put the kettle on
I quoted the above, leaving out all the rest of the post, so amused to get the following in a PM. As the post I was answering was a couple before my reply, for clarification, I quoted the last line.
The number of post here are way down to what they used to be, I'm hardly surprised. I'll probably be banned now for quoting their quote. Do I care, not a jot, always plenty more forums about, and none of which I have ever been chastised for using the quote facility.

Users are encouraged to make sensible use of the quote facility on the noticeboard. For the most part it is obvious which post you are replying to especially when in sequential order. Over use of quotes leads to long unwieldy pages of text which involve a lot of scrolling which are not user friendly. Please try to keep quote usage to a minimum where necessary.
Thank you for your co-operation
Andalucia.com
:?
Thats a bit strange :? :wink: :lol: :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Katy, you're in line for a telling off! :D
Regards, Frank

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Hey Diana.......good to see you back online (very quick!!) Pleased your move went smoothly :D

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:15 pm

Forums are a funny snapshot of social interaction aren't they! This site isn't so busy, why do you think this is? I wonder if there are not so many moving to Andalucia just now and that regular members are almost sussed about everything. (Just to recap, am following on from Frank's statement above.) Or could it be that there is a sort of concensus amongst members so not much conflict.

I am mainly writing about andalucian forums here so I hope this doesn't go into amigos lounge. I joined one forum and I only made one post, (I just queried if two posters weren't actually the same person) This member (or two) answered with the most abusive language and the post along with mine was deleted. When I posted again I was banned :o This person(s) goes on to post thousands of posts so I can only think the site owner goes along with it for the traffic.

Another inane forum has members who have posted something like, well thousands of posts. Most of them consist of things such as "have a glass of wine for me" type, yadda, yadda. I am only a member of two Andalucian ones but I often get comments printed in El Pais. I am a member of two USA forums...thats another story 8)