So what about Nerja then?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 am

Hi Katie, good luck with everything, give us a yell when you are over and I will let you know how it is all going :?

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:37 am

Belated congratulations Dido and hope all goes well...................if you you need a cup of sugar or anyhing.......sod off and don't ask me :shock:

Kenny

PS If you have a spare room you don't need, and which will take 150foot of Scalextric let me know.OH won't let me set mine up in our place :?

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:42 am

Cheers Kenny :D
As it happens I have a large basement which would fit your scalextric nicely...on second thoughts I would never see my husband or children again....on third thoughts... :lol:

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:39 pm

:D Wow....fantastic news for you and your family Diana, I'm really pleased for you. Lots of luck with your move :D

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:13 pm

Thanks Louise, very kind of you, I'm getting so excited now 8)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 pm

so is the bar there just up from the church up the steps on the left hand side justr past the church? we went there for the procession del carmen when they were moving the big statue... most excellent, i'd love to live there now.. cant afford it :( ... :((

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 pm

We are actually going to live in Frigiliana, our house is a bit small for a lodger but if we buy one big enough I will let you know SL :wink:

Heston
Resident

Nerja

Postby Heston » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi Dido

I bet you cant wait now!Its amazing what you can do in 4 weeks! We have just spent a lovely long weekend down in Nerja in a beautiful Hotel I personally think its one of the nicest places on the costas especially the Balcon de Europe.
We went upto to Frigliana too as I seen a resturant advertised in a tourist guide and it was lovely..the meal and the village!!Get the kids babysat one night and head for resturante Romantica..its lush great food and the views and the sunset from their top terrace are lovely and it is very romantic!!
Best of luck to you and all the family you will be fine!
x

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Nerja

Postby frank » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 pm

Heston wrote:Get the kids babysat one night and head for resturante Romantica..its lush great food and the views and the sunset from their top terrace are lovely and it is very romantic!!
Yes, nice spot. We went there a few years ago, because they are Swedish, and my bother is married to una sueca, but we were underwhelmed! Perhaps it's picked up, we'll be there for a week next month, might give it another chance.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks Heston, I have heard of that so will give it a try sometime, we are pretty much sorted apart from one small problem which I am about to do another post about! :( but it has all gone smoothly so far. Me and Millie have been a bit highly strung this week, bursting into tears and shouting at everyone but it is emotionally draining saying goodbye to everyone. I found it hard taking Millie to school to say goodbye to all her friends as I know that we won't see them again (unless we come back!) but I know that everyone else will be over for a visit at some time.

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Dido 72..saying goodbye was the worse thing about moving here for us. My husband left the UK in the car fully loaded plus 2 dogs 5 days before myself and our 2 children. My dad and his partner came to stay for the weekend and dropped us off at the airport and as soon as we started to go through security i started blubbering. It was as though i was moving to the end of the world..i was telling her to look after him etc...we see more of them now and for longer periods of time. Funny how people like to holiday here. 2 years down the line we are really settled especially the children in schools and my Dad is here for 2 weeks in Oct and my old school friend is out here in 2 weeks. Life seems to carry on as normal...can't imagine being anywhere else right now 8) :lol:

Good luck with everything and remember they are only a phone call away

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks Antonia,

The only people I am really bothered about leaving behind are my grandparents. My sister and best friend will be over 3 or 4 times a year and my parents and other best friend are already in Spain. Mind you I will be blubbing saying goodbye to the post man the way I am going on :cry: :lol:

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Best of luck Diana :D
Looking forward to your postings once you get there :!: Assuming you have time that is :!:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Cheers Chrissie, I may not have internet access for a while which is a good thing judging by the amount of time I spend on here, but I'll be back :D

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Diana - How will you survive without your regular A.com and Facebook fixes :lol: :lol: :lol:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:07 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:47 am

Only a few days left....how exciting :D

Saying goodbye was just awful......I was all over the place the week before we left and spent much of it in tears. I just wanted to get the goodbyes over with and get on my way.
Dh wanted to leave without saying anything to anyone and just phone from the ferry to say we were on our way....it would have been easier.

You'll be fine as soon as you get to the airport......goodluck, look forward to seeing back online :D

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:10 am

Everytime you start blubbing, remember that it's only a 2.5 hr flight and you can get on one for £50 return during a lot of months of the year :)

Hope it all goes well for you.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:57 am

It's awful saying goodbye. My teenagers all sobbed for 40 miles on the way to the airport and my daughter cried for most of the flight over.
I've now got the same problem in the opposite direction as my son left home to return to England yesterday and I'm in tears everytime I think about him! :cry: :roll:

Heston
Resident

nerja

Postby Heston » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:43 am

Dido u will be fine like others have said its only a .5hr flight away but remember friends will always be friends no matter how many miles part them : :)