So what about Nerja then?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:27 pm

remember friends will always be friends no matter how many miles part them : Smile
Trouble is they'll all want to stay with her now! :D I'm popping in for a cup of tea, and I don't even know her! :)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Heston
Resident

what about Nerja!

Postby Heston » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:55 pm

I know what you mean Frank!

Hey Frank do re try Resturant Romantica again next month I can not praise it enough..the night before we ate in a michelin star resturant in Nerja which was fab and this was on a parr. The guy serving us was a young Scotish guy who had lived there since he was 6 and the Chef was a young english girl..she would give Gordan Ramsey a run for his money!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: what about Nerja!

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Heston wrote: the night before we ate in a michelin star resturant in Nerja which was fab
A Michelin star restaurant in Nerja - you have to be joking!

Nothing in Nerja gets within a mile of a Michelin star.

Sid

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Heston wrote:I know what you mean Frank!

Hey Frank do re try Resturant Romantica again next month I can not praise it enough..the night before we ate in a michelin star resturant in Nerja which was fab and this was on a parr. The guy serving us was a young Scotish guy who had lived there since he was 6 and the Chef was a young english girl..she would give Gordan Ramsey a run for his money!
Sounds like a different line up in the kitchen now. Funnily enough, my Swedish sister in law will be there as well, so perhaps we'll give it a try.
Thanks
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:06 pm

El Cid wrote:
Heston wrote: the night before we ate in a michelin star resturant in Nerja which was fab
A Michelin star restaurant in Nerja - you have to be joking!

Nothing in Nerja gets within a mile of a Michelin star.

Sid
They are getting closer! :D Perhaps he meant this one, Michelin star chef, but not restaurant.

* Sollun Restaurant, Calle Cristo 53, [7]. a One of the newer restaurants in Nerja, but is actually one of the best. The Chef, Juan Quintanilla, was previously owner of a 1 star Michelin restaurant in Marbella. Great food and excellent wine.
Regards, Frank

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:20 pm

frank wrote:They are getting closer! :D Perhaps he meant this one, Michelin star chef, but not restaurant.

* Sollun Restaurant, Calle Cristo 53, [7]. a One of the newer restaurants in Nerja, but is actually one of the best. The Chef, Juan Quintanilla, was previously owner of a 1 star Michelin restaurant in Marbella. Great food and excellent wine.
Sounds interesting - I will give it a try.

The only other restaurant that got close was Miguel and they just managed a mention in the guide. When they closed the restaurant he went to Los Arcos which is getting good reviews and I have enjoyed some good food there.

Sid

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Frank, further to your post, I have found this site.

http://www.sollunrestaurante.com/UK/index.swf

The address is different but it looks expensive, interesting and definitely worth a try.

Could this be the first really good restaurant in Nerja? :D

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:42 pm

Sounds good. Was in Nerja last week but I didn't know about it :( Like the idea of a tasting menu, couldn't eat it all though :)

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Can anyone give me an approximate travel by car from Sabinillas to Nerja?
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:23 pm

According to AA Autoroute John using the A-7 & Ap-7 (peage/toll road) it's 98.5 miles and would take approximately 1hr 40mins.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:00 pm

It would take that time on the málaga bypass :wink:

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:34 am

Thank you, all.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Heston
Resident

nerja

Postby Heston » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:23 am

El Cid

Resturante 34 which is within Hotel Carabeo.........just it its really good

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: nerja

Postby El Cid » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:51 am

Yes I know it well. Agree it's good but nothing exceptional exceptional - it's certainly better than most of the other Nerja restaurants.

What Nerja needs is something approaching a Michelin star standard - maybe this new one might be it.

I will save up my tiny pension and see if I can affort to try it! :D

Sid

Heston
Resident

nerja

Postby Heston » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:12 am

:oops: just checked on the net its hasnt actualy got a Michelin star it says its regulary featured in the guide!!
The hotel is beautiful too a real genuine boutique style.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: nerja

Postby frank » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Heston wrote:El Cid

Resturante 34 which is within Hotel Carabeo.........just it its really good
We stayed there several years ago, and we booked a broom cupboard, it was all we could afford! :D Got there and we were led into a sumptuous large room, with a huge bed, private living room, private sun terrace, personal bath robes, you know the sort that Katy stays in all the time! :D I said to the manager, I'll stop you there before you go any further, this is not the room we ordered. I could see a bill of many hundreds of pounds clocking up.
The owner said, it's our mistake, we know this is not the room you ordered, but have it on us, at our previously agreed price, and we hope you enjoy your stay! And we did!
Regards, Frank

Heston
Resident

nerja

Postby Heston » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:58 pm

nice one Frank!!!

we treated ourselves as it was our wedding anniversary to a long weekend and enjoyed every expensive euro of it!!! :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:47 pm

Frank, I wish :) Even if you want to spend the money there isn't many as good as they sound. Some of the worse I have stayed in are in the Leading Hotels of the World list (Spain). There is one in Carmona (forget the name but it was one to forget!) Very twee but the "suite" brought back memories of student bed-sits, and 300 euros a night without breakfast, 2 years ago. This one in Nerja sounds interesting though, we usually just stay at the Balcón but I hate the parking set-up.

Best Hotel room/suite I have seen in Spain was the Kempinski (Estepona). Rate it amongst the best in Spain.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Hang on, Katy, that one in Carmona sounds like one I was looking at! Does it have Moorish type arches in the rooms? :D
The Carabeo is in a very narrow street, but there is a huge cark 50-100 yards away. You could drop your cases off, and then dump the car. Or get the chauffeur to do it! :D
Regards, Frank

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:17 pm

For real luxury try the... Suite Real.... Hotel Alfonso XIII....Sevilla 8)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.