Candiar - Any info?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
AndyM
Tourist

Candiar - Any info?

Postby AndyM » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi all

Well with the flights booked I am upping the web research and getting square eyes and website overload!

Any views on Candiar?

Haven't necessarily seen any properties there but am in contact with an estate agent there and like everyone else in Spain, it looks great in pictures!

Cheers

Andy :shock:
Work hard, exercise hard, play REALLY hard!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:56 am

Do you mean Cadiar in Alpujarras?

AndyM
Tourist

Postby AndyM » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 am

Whoops!!! Yes!!!

janie
Tourist

Postby janie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Andy. I have lived in Cadiar for the last 4 years. What would you like to know about it?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

AndyM
Tourist

Postby AndyM » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 am

Hi Janie

Hmm where do I start? We will be moving out over the next couple of years and are coming out in Oct for just over a week looking at various areas and there was an estate agents in Cadiar which just got me thinking about it being another one to check out.

Having previously only holidayed in Andalucia we will be looking at small villages and bigger towns. Probably like everyone else we would love the perfect blend of "real" Spain (aren't we just all fed up with that phrase?) and not being the only brit in the village!

Spending 8 days just looking at properties and areas and of course would love to find a home but second prize would be to narrow the area down.

So all that waffle is trying to answer the question "What do I want to know?" - Schools, Spanish/ex-pats, tourism, locals, roads, etc, etc.

Would just welcome your views on if you would recomend the area.

Thanks for taking the time

Andy

janie
Tourist

Postby janie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi Andy

As I said before I have lived here in Cadiar for 4 years now. It's quite centrally placed in the Alpujarras and some people us it as a base when they first come here to look about. It's got all the usual shops, bars and supermarkets plus a very good medical centre, primary and secondary schools, nursery, vets, boarding kennels(mine),several estate agents(one of whom is very shady) petrol station etc.
Obviously it's quite rural, still loads of mules and donkeys being used on the land, couple of big goat herds passing through every day. It is quite quiet here though so if it's bright lights and nightclubs that you are after this is not the place.
There is very little work here though, even for the Spanish, which is quite aa problem for some people. There is quite a thriving ex-pat community here which can be quite helpful when you first arrive here. Most people will try to help if they can.
Granada and Almeria airports are about 1.5 hours away, Malaga is just over 2 hours.
It can be very cold in the winter and we did have a little bit of snow last year. The big ski resort is only a couple of hours away and you can get to the beach at La Rabita in about 35 mins.
If you want to pm me and tell me which estate agent you are using I can tell you more about them. They all seem to have the same houses anyway!
Hope this is helpful. If you want to ask anything else feel free.

Spanishfly

Cadiar Estate Agents

Postby Spanishfly » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:49 pm

Hello Janie
Which Estate agents do you recommend in Cadiar as we are looking to purchase a property close to Cadiar in the next 6Mths
Many Thanks.

janie
Tourist

Cadiar

Postby janie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi Spanish fly

Have sent you a pm.

Janie

AndyM
Tourist

Murtas

Postby AndyM » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:20 am

Hi

Anyone know anything about Murtas? Just seen a nice property there!

How to cover a thousand places in 10 days???????

Andy