Can anyone tell me about Ben Havis?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Sol Searcher
Andalucia.com Amigo

Can anyone tell me about Ben Havis?

Postby Sol Searcher » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:58 pm

We are looking to move to the Ben Havis area, don't seem to know too much about the area so if anyone has any feedback, would be most appreciated, thanks :D

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:09 pm

Think you mean Benahavis if so assuming you haven't read the A.com info http://www.andalucia.com/province/malag ... s/home.htm

Also although rather a bit out of date a blog with some info http://benahavisguide.blogspot.com/

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:32 pm

We used to holiday there a lot, and really enjoyed it. Then they started building, and building.... You know the rest! Not sure how many they have built but a few years ago it was planned to build 70,000 more homes in the area I think it was. For me, what was once a pleasant little village, full of restaurants, has gone the way of so many other places in southern Spain. So despite having friends there, we have never been back, they have completely ruined it. But if you don't know it as it was, you won't have seen the ruining of the place, and perhaps you might find it very pleasant. I have to say, I would never move to a place I have never even seen. There's a lot worse places, but we won't be in a hurry to rush back. :?
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

neilinalcaucin
Andalucia.com Amigo

parents live there

Postby neilinalcaucin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:17 pm

quaint little village a while back but now developed to treble the size, good restaurants , tidy village, expensive . but very pretty. if you want similar but cheaper go east of malaga and 10 to 20 mins inland
Know you tried, effort always shows.