best area's

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
hermes

best area's

Postby hermes » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:32 pm

hi can anybody please tell me which are the biggest area's of andalucia that have the largest brits. as i have been informed that is the best way to find work , please i really need your help guy's dave

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Let me be the first to ask the obvious question:

"what type of work?"

hermes

Postby hermes » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:36 pm

any kind of manual work driving anything just need a income to get on our feet and then can take it from there dave

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:14 pm

What's your plan hermes? How many people do you need to support?
anyway, anyway, love from me.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:20 am

As far as lots of brits go, anywhere on the Costa del Sol, partcularly west of Malaga. Others may give you specific places east of Malaga, or inland, with large ex pat populations.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:39 am

Nerja on the coast to the east has a large, large and small Brit population. But be warned without skills that set you apart or good contacts you will not be able to just walk into employment anywhere in Andalusia.
Grouser

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:18 am

The area of the Costa del Sol with the largest concentration of "British" expats is probably Mijas Costa an area stretching from Benalmadena to Calahonda, a stretch of coastline about 20 k in length, although some posters will tell you "but there are Brits in Olvera, wherever the hell that is, or Iznajar, or Coin, these are few in number, the vast majority are concentrated in the aforementioned areas with Fuengirola and Calahonda aka Little England, being the most popular destinations.
Personally, and I don't mean this in a derogatory manner but when I move I want to be somewhere less anglified as I have learned that in heavily "brit" populated areas the social profile of the entire area changes and not for the better, my opinion of course.
Ah! the full english!!

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:40 pm

if you are dependent on getting work to survive here maybe it is worth a trip out first before moving lock stock and barrel .... it is hard to find work that is constant (meaning not seasonal etc and with a contract) or register with some agencies here but that does depend I know on what your trade is. Another tip, I know it is difficult, but start learning some Spanish. I do work for an English company but I need to speak Spanish too!

Busymum

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:47 pm

You could also try the Almanzora Valley and area around Albox in almeria province as around 35% of the population there are now british........and despite the negative publicity there are legal properties over there and many english businesses. Please do take the good advice here and visit the areas first, identify work demand and not just come on the off chance.......

Jool