Best area to live within one hour of Seville

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
bailey
Tourist

Best area to live within one hour of Seville

Postby bailey » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:21 pm

My partner has got a good job based at Seville airport, so we are looking to emigrate fully in January.

Could anybody advise on good areas to look to live, we don't want to be in the city as we have two dogs.

I'm also concerned about the natural environment, i.e mosquitoes :?

We have been advised to long term rent and buy in a year, to get to know areas and possible slow down in the property market, I'd be grateful for any advice you could give me.

Thanks
A Bit scared, however, I'm hopeful!

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi, my husband also works at Seville airport and we live in Conil De La Frontera..an hour and a half away. We have been here for almost 2years and love it. He may get fed up with the drive to and from work eventually but for the time being he is fine with it as we live 800Mt's from some of the most beautiful beaches and so after a days works a good walk on the beach with our 2 dogs makes up for it.

You could try looking at El Puerto De Santa Maria a much bigger town and about an hour away..anywhere along this coastline is beautiful.

I would agree to rent for a while before you decide where you want to live and get a feel for the area.

Fell free to ask any questions and if i can help in anyway i will.

bailey
Tourist

Postby bailey » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks for a quick reply.

I think i will have to sweet talk him into a longer commute!

I would love to live on the coast. :)

I thought dogs where not allowed on the beach, or is that just in theory.

I have been considering what I could do for work in Spain and I'm considering a English Book shop, do you think there is any call for this kind of business in the area?
A Bit scared, however, I'm hopeful!

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Hello, We live in Espartinas, within an hour of aiport unless fiesta days, traffic accident or road works. It is up on the hill, which is known to be cooler than town and has green spaces for dogs. The village has plenty of supermarkets, shops, bars, bullring, fiesta grounds, green market etc also schools and the swimming pool which has other things to offer.

There are other villages this side, which are nearer to town, or maybe you would want to be on airport side. I cant tell you about any of them.

We have the mossies but can control them by various means.

We do know of a house for rent in this village, a fairly new build with pool I think. There are english speaking people in our village. We can get more info if you are at all interested.

antonia
Resident

Postby antonia » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:50 pm

Dogs aren't allowed on the beaches during the Summer months but plenty of pine forests to walk them and cooler during these months..not sure of the dates they are allowed back on the beaches, i thought it was during September but last week got stopped by the policia local on quads and they explained as long as there is sun then no dogs, although when we are on the beach with the children we see plenty of dogs being walked..the only problem is a lot of people don't take bags :x This is a downside to Spain...dog c..p everywhere.. :x

VaIl..where you live sounds beautiful as well

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:36 pm

We live less then hour away from Seville Airport, Donana Park on the doorstep, down towards Huelva, 30 mins from the beach, beautiful countryside, few English around, but few and far between, Spanish a must! although we are still learning : :D Just being plain nosey what jobs are your husbands doing at Seville airport?? my hubby is working in UK, although that may be a thing of the past very soon. Suggest you rent and look around to see what suits you.

Don

Postby Don » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:19 am

And we even have our own "village" web site at http://www.espartinas.net/.

The aljarafe (up on the hill as they refer to the plateau West of Sevilla) has many villages with Espartinas being one of the largest. The transport problem is the rush hour traffic into and out of Sevilla on the Huelva/Portugal highway. Fascinating "trivia" about our area includes the largest solar power station site at www.solucar.es where they have developed 3 different solar power technologies and now feed a significant output to the grid. Was featured on BBC news some weeks ago. Espartinas village is so extensive it has its own bus service to get from one end to the other. The monastery de Loreto is somehow famous for people from all over Spain to come and get married. We live close to the monastery and from the garden we see kestrels, booted eagles, griffon vultures, little owls, barn owls as well as all the more usual garden birds. Many house for sale, both new builds and used but property not moving much at the moment. Renting is very good idea to begin with and plenty of choice.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

property

Postby karandjon » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:18 pm

hi, we go to seville airport in 50 minutes from our house. We are 20 minutes drive to the fantastic white sandy beaches of Matalascañas, 5 minutes drive into local town with supermarkets. we are 10 minute drive to the motorway, but our house is located just on the edge of the Doñana National Park, so is quiet and private and great for the dogs! (and hardly any mosquitos as they fly over before the start of summer, and spray the forestry area around)!!very handy!

If you´d like any further info on this area (and i know a great property for sale), just PM me.

Regards

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

pablosho
Tourist

Postby pablosho » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi Bailey,
We live in Jerez which is a beautiful city about an hours drive to Sevilla, although if you go on the motorway there is a 5.15 euro toll to pay each way. The other benefits are you are only 20 minutes to the coast and the same distance to the countryside.
I shall PM you a good website to visit the surrounding areas that also has relocation help and rental properties!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:21 am

i know of a few houses for sale in casariche (1 hour - seville) if you are interested.