Relocating again - tips needed

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
nsbrown
Tourist

Relocating again - tips needed

Postby nsbrown » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:59 am

Hey this is my first post on the site, been in and out of andalucia.com site on and off for about a year.

Anyway long story short I relocated from the uk to Cape Town around 7 months ago, all went well and still is going pretty well, except my son stays in fuengirola.

I'm planning on moving to that area (or around there) next feb to be with him. I've done plenty of research and inquiries on getting a good opportunity as a web designer. I have 5 yrs experience as a designer (I wont bore you with details), but unfortunately no-one will touch me until I actually live in the country. (This coming from the recruitment agency)

I've relocated without having a job before and successfully got myself one, but what my question is if I were to land in Spain how long would it take me (realistically) to obtain my permit? As well as if I needed to work (temporarily) how easy is it to get a job?

Any experiences and knowledge would be great :-)

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi. You don't need a work permit, assuming you are an EU citizen. You will need an NIE number which I'm sure your son can tell you all about!

nsbrown
Tourist

Postby nsbrown » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:21 am

I forgot to say my son is only 5, I'm still a (young) 26 :-)

daftlamb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daftlamb » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:41 pm

i am in scotland at the moment but have registered on line with recruit spain. yes you are correct they won't consider you until you have an address in spain, but if you're details are registered, they will send you job alerts. at least then you will get a feel for how often or how well your skills could match up and when you are at the point of moving, you may well have interviews set up. i suppose you could give your sons address at that time, until you find a place yourself

nsbrown
Tourist

Postby nsbrown » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:01 am

Ye I could do that, I suppose it I will have to time it just right.

Karipentti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Karipentti » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Fuengirola is a good place to both live and work.

Good luck!
Things could be worse...