Here we come!!

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Kyt
Tourist

Here we come!!

Postby Kyt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:40 pm

After what seems an age from when we originally filmed our house hunting for the BBC back in August we are now on our way to our new home in Los Molinos near Montefrio. The van's almost loaded and the ferry for Monday night to St Malo is booked. Here we come.......

JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Here we come!!

Postby JJ » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 pm

Good luck and welcome to Andalucia

JJ

Don

Postby Don » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 pm

Welcome to Andalucia Kyt. You join many happy ex-pats and some others. From August til now is no time at all. Hope you can accept the mañana life we live here. Get to accept and life is good.
Saludos

Zofia
Resident

Postby Zofia » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Whereabouts is Los Molinas? We're buying a cortijo near Montefrio with a view to moving in in September, although we are moving to our existing place near Loja in March.

Good luck!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:37 pm

Welcome to Andalucia. We've never regretted leaving the UK and life is so much better here and as Don said, you just need to adjust to the way of life here. BTW what programme did you feature on with the BBC and has it been screened yet?

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:33 pm

How exciting for you Kyt - may all your dreams of life in Andalucia come true 8)

cool breeze
Tourist

Postby cool breeze » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:39 am

Hi, just to introduce myself, I'm Kyt's other half. Thank you for all the lovely messages of welcome. We are so looking forward to living here and meeting people.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 am

what you gonna do for work in montefrio?

Kyt
Tourist

Postby Kyt » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 am

Have arrived here in once piece !! Well, the same number of pieces as I set off with.

Its great to see our house. Builders are in residence, but so am I, so who cares?

The OH is still in the UK with cat, so if you are the area and would like to make contact drop me a pm.

:)
Dream The Extreme..........
.........Live The Dream

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:40 am

Hi Kyt (and Coolbreeze),
Good to hear you made it ok.
Any info about things like getting on the Internet, changing UK reg car to Spanish plates, English speaking vet , even used English speaking Dentist the other day, just give us a shout or Olivefarmer as he is close to Montifrio too.
Unless you have a "micro climate" where you are it was only 5c this morning when I was walking the dogs on our hill. :shock:
Regards
J

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Bbbrrrrrrrrrr ...... I'm sticking to the coast :lol: I love the landscape inland but my old bones need the warmth. I'm already in socks, layers of clothes and a fleece in the evening when the temperature drops to 14 degrees. I'm just a southern softy. Is it cooler up there in the summer?

When do you get your 15 minutes of fame on the BBC then Kyt, or have I missed it?

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi Wicksey,
Inland cooler in summer ...no :P , we get a wider range of temperatures, no sea to keep things in the middle.
Had two weeks in July when the temperature was 39c day and 32c night 8)
The lowest we have had in winter -2c, and usually get 3 days of snow..still when we are living 2/3 way up a "hill" that's higher than Snowdon got to expect this. Great views :)
Regards
J

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:52 pm

Give me the dryer inland climate any day as opposed to the coast.The humidity there really affects my joints.We have a property on the coast as well as inland and it might be colder in winter inland but I feel the cold much less here.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:44 pm

No way of escaping the summer heat then!! I spoke to a lady yesterday that was looking at going to inland France, where her son has just moved to, to escape the Spanish summers. I found the weather worse there, as you say Jennifer, extremes of heat and cold without the sea to moderate things. It wasn't unusual to reach 40 degrees in summer and the humidity was awful. I never thought of the winters here being humid but I do suffer from joint pains too, which I didn't when it was -10 in France. No where's perfect .... not on our budget anyway :lol: