Moving back to the UK

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
gymcrazy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving back to the UK

Postby gymcrazy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:13 pm

I am actually moving back to the UK and looking for removals Companys.

Can anyone give me any feedback on Wolf International and The British Removal Company either positive or negative? I am a little nervous.

Raquel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Raquel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:15 pm

I don't know what they're like but i hear union jack are good, we ended up buying a UK plated van in Spain and driving back. Then swapped for a car at the other end, it only ended up costing petrol and tolls.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:56 pm

We used Union Jack years ago and were really pleased, but then used them again in 2000 and they had sub-contracted the job and it wasn't very good at all. I think at one time there were 2 companies using the Union Jack name, so I can't be sure who we used in the end! We've had problems with past moves as the company asks how much you want to move (how many m3) which we, of course, couldn't guess, then they constantly moan that you've got more than they were expecting.

Matthew James moved us to France in 2004 and back again this year. When we moved from here they came out to see how much stuff we had to move so they were able to give us an accurate quote. They wrapped absolutely everything in bubblewrap and brown paper as part of their normal export service (all the furniture and even my ironing board and odd things like that) and supplied boxes and sheets of paper for my own packing. I found their price competitive compared to other quotes and it included a month's free storage. They do a full inventory so everything is numbered and listed. The only problem for us was delivery and collection in France as they were en-route between the UK and Spain and so turned up in a huge double length lorry. We had to hire a van to ferry the stuff from our house to the van, but I guess this won't be a problem as they have a depot in the UK and presumably use normal sized vans for onward delivery there.

Anyway, good luck to you gymcrazy, whoever you use :)

....and before anyone asks, no I do not work for MJ or have any other connection to them, other than I just happen to move house a lot :wink:

gymcrazy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby gymcrazy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Unfortuantely we have to use one of the two company's I ask about thru my work.

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:23 pm

I think wolf are good. They are personable, helpful and I haven't had a problem with them.

I Originally chose another remover over them to transport my stuff here, spent 3k then wished I had chosen wolf....really bad experience with the other co..

Since then I have had my stuff in storage with Wolf and have used them to transport stuff from the UK on an ad hoc basis.

Hope this helps

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Theres union jack and the real union jack. The partners split up and there is a bit of a war going on. The original guy is called Jack. Used them 5 years ago to transport a car and they were ok.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:27 pm

We have used at various times, Union Jack (OK but some niggles). Murray Harper (excellent) and the best was Tucan (spanish co.). The latter also did an inventory and packed everything. They even provided those wardrobe boxes so you just hang up your clothes.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Wolf International are excellent we used them to move and then store the stuff. Best price we found anywhere for they did......

Regards
Ian
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Wicksey wrote:turned up in a huge double length lorry.
that things a beast, hows matt ? :) i've been his drivers mate a few times :)