Help please

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:37 pm

So it looks like I need to appoint someone!
who?
Is an assesorea a suitable place or is it a gestoria? (there is an english speaking assesorea in the village, but not a gestroria, that is why I ask!)

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Just got back after 2 weeks in Granada at our holiday home, which we purchased in September 2006. We did require an NIE number to complete the purchase although we were able to open bank accounts with a passport, before this.

After obtaining our first IBI from the town hall, I went to the tax office in Granada to pay our non-resident tax. this is in two parts on form 214.
they worked it out on their computer although I had already worked it out, obviously not to well as it actually came in less.

I had to buy two tax forms at 50cents each as we are co-owners. Then went to another desk and they printed out our sticky labels complete with bar codes.
We then filled it in properly copying the first draft given to us.
We then had to take it to our bank to pay, as there are 3 copies, we would keep one, the bank another and the third being sent to the tax office.
However the bank refused to take payment , saying it was not due until 31st December 2008 although we could pay it from January 6th 2008.
I honestly tried to pay it and as we had purchased the house over a year ago was sure it was due to be paid.
Anyway we tried our best and will now try again next year, this must be a first a bank refusing to take payment, and me rushing to pay the taxman!!!!
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.