Reasons To be Not Cheerful...Here's Three

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Gogs
Tourist

Postby Gogs » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Like Wendy, we've only owned for a year but managed to visit 5 times last year. I love where we live in UK but I do need my sunshine fix and I do find the cost of living a bit hard to take sometimes. Will we move to Spain permanently? It is very unlikely. We do look forward to every visit, to being back in an area we've come to call home and to seeing familiar faces and people who seem happy to see you again. Is it perfect? No, of course it's not but we love it for what it is and we appreciate the opportunity to experience a different way of living. It has it's faults but so does UK, it's just that the faults are generally of a different nature. All in all, we're just so grateful that we are able to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:08 pm

I could have wrote that......absolutely spot on and the same here.

Kenny

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Same here. Thats why I want to travel back to the UK more often this year. I enjoyed Spain very much when I was based in the UK and visiting a holiday home often. I guess thats because it was a holiday! I'd like to try and split the time more between the two. We have businesses in both so have to have a presence between us in both. But I certainly have found through this time living here that I do not want to sell up everything in the UK.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Kenny Just read the full postings on this thread. Sad start to 2008 mate.
be brave.
jake
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks Jake......nice one, just having a butty now then it's off on the hospital run again to Liverpool :(
These things happen mate..............just wish I was trundling the Vitara down the drive of the Casa though and cracking open my first San Miguel.........won't be long with a bit of luck.

Cheers,

Kenny

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 pm

which hospital kenny? wifes a scouser (and nurse) she'll know it.

..or cruz campo or mahou ...AAH... feel better already
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Everything that has been said about people coming to regret living full time in Spain can also be said of any country in the world. I either know, or know of, people who have returned to UK from countries all over the world after a few years because it wasn´t what they expected.
On the point of posters criticising Britain but not accepting criticism of Spain, I think this is purely because these people do love Spain and left Britain because they didn´t like it there.
Also, the "different strokes" theory kicks into this discussion. My wife and I have a little shop and I have a stall on Sabanillas market every Sunday, so we keep busy. At 51, the thought of retirement fills me with dread!

Great post, Benidorm.You´re getting a bit of a reputation for them!!!

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Jake, Dads in the Royal and OH's stepdad's in Whiston.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Well, there you go, I suggested a new heading..

Moving Away from Spain, but instead the dissent has spread to nearly

every other topic....does this mean that there is a revolution going on

amongst A.COM members..?..The answer is probably YES....

After all I can think of a few members who are REVOLTING ! :oops: :lol:

Don

Postby Don » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm

I like Marmite Benidorm but prefer Vecon :?
Saludos a todos

WCAUSE
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby WCAUSE » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Well..me and "er indoors" are comin to Andalucia anyway..cant put us off...lol..sorry..looking for a long term rental..Estepona area..any ideas?

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 am

I like my Holiday home, I bought it almost 20 years ago, some of my neighbours are a5seholes but there will be those everywhere, I don't recall moaning about my holiday home, but then to me that's all it is, I come and go as I please, It doesn't cost me much, a bit in annual taxes + utilties and that's it, I think the moaners are probably in the "loser/didn't make it" category and probably now in the ****, which goes back to what I've always recommended, don't buy in Spain unless you can buy outright or at least have 50% equity.
It's my belief that there will be a world "economic recession" however you interpret that comment, (take a look at recent stock market events) within the next year and those with low incomes and unstable job backgrounds will suffer as will their living standards, then they'll have something to moan about!
Ah! the full english!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:46 am

the image I have of certain (un-named) people in this forum are a cross between victor mildrew and the dad´s army character wailing "we´re doomed" !!
yes,before you all start, I know, you also have your image of me :)

Retro P
Resident

Re: image

Postby Retro P » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:18 am

julian wrote:the image I have of certain (un-named) people in this forum are a cross between victor mildrew and the dad´s army character wailing "we´re doomed" !!
yes,before you all start, I know, you also have your image of me :)
Hope you're not referring to me Julian, if you are please do so openly, I won't be offended by anyone who makes open honest remarks, only the ones who make crass and offensive postings, I really do hope I'm not a merchant of doom, I just say it like I see it, and there are a lot of sad stories on the CDS, believe me.
Ah! the full english!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

life

Postby julian » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:45 am

hi Retro, I wasn´t really thinking of certain names, but more and more I get the general impression that most people have slipped into a downhill depressive mood. I am a firm believer in positive thinking,if I start the day off with a positive frame of mind everything seems to later run smoothly, and if something goes wrong, then it doesn´t really get to bother me, I just look for the best way round it. however, once we slip into that "everything is grey" mode, then even the smallest things make us even more gloomy, and so it goes on..greyer and greyer till we ourselves make evreything black. I love living here in spain, and have been very happy here since 1987. I might move on one day, but never back to my home country, the uk, because for me, and I stress for me, the country has nothing to offer me, I just find the place, the life , and everything too dull and miserable there.my best fix if and when I find myself feeling a little bit low here is to go a few days to morocco, up in the mountains and see the lives other less fortunate people have, no water in the house, no electric etc...but they don´t complain about it, I come back with a totally dirffernet attitude.maybe we are all to spoilt here in europe and expect everything to be too perfect, and too easy.hope I havn´t upset anyone, everytime i post anything here i feel like i am lighting the touch paper and have to run off to hide before the barrage of insults start !!!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Kenny,
Sorry to hear about your relatives - always a difficult time and puts all sorts in to perspective.........by the way I don´t see you as gloomy but a voice of reason and sanity.........

Take care

Jool

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Many thanks for that Jool, I appreciate you taking your time to post that kind message.

Many thanks once more,
Kenny

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:12 pm

Kenny, I agree with Jool 50%, reason - yes, probably, but based on some previous postings of yours I can't go along with the sanity bit. :wink: :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Alan, Bit deep wasn't it? :wink: .........you've been sitting in the sun again.
Get in the shade tomorrow where it's only 25. 8)

Kenny

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Just for your benefit Kenny... 25degs in the shade relates to 25degs air temperature. :roll: i.e. not the temperature it feels in the full sun which "felt like" 30degs+ today!!! Hope thats cleared that up for you. :lol: :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie