HELP please - moving here yet place to rent out in UK?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

HELP please - moving here yet place to rent out in UK?

Postby Jool » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:27 am

Hi there,

I have a friend who has to move back to the UK urgently due to elderly infirm relative but most importantly due to her own health. She has a health condition that is worsening as it is being severely affected by the spanish climate. Doctors have said it is likely to leave her with permanent damage if she does not move fast and definitely before the hotter weather starts again. It is not contagious! Her house is up for sale at a very realistic price but of course nothing is moving in this market.

Does anyone have a caravan or mobile home or small property to rent out in south of England - ideally within an hour or so of Bournemouth? There is just her and two small dogs. She only has a very small pension to live on and would be willing to do cleaning or driving or other odd jobs etc as an addition to any rent paid if needed. She is someone who always helps others out a lot for free and is very generous hearted but is quite ground down by this condition now.........please send me private message if you think you can help or know anyone with a caravan or similar they are not using at the moment and would rent out on a long term basis just until her house sells and she can then purchase something?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 am

Can I just suggest that before she makes any irrevocable step to move to the UK, your friend check that she will have health cover? I think I have read somewhere that you are treated as if you are a new immigrant to the UK, and cannot get free NHS cover for six months? She could be seen as a resident, so not covered by her Spanish EHIC?
I know that my OH needed treatment on one visit back to the UK, and despite being white with broad Yorkshire accent was asked all sorts of questions as to her status......other incumbents in the ward of differing hues and accents were not asked anything like it, possible because the language barrier meant no-one could be *beep* to struggle with it!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Peter, could it not simply have been because her NI no or NHS medical no showed that she wasn't resident in the UK :? There is a growing problem in the UK with people who live here in Spain but continue to go back to the UK for medical treatment and the authorities are beginning to clamp down on it and quite rightly so!

I think the stories of 6 month waits before qualifying for treatment are scaremongering, anyway I thought it was only 3, and provided you can prove that you intend to stay then you can access treatment straight away. This story has been doing the rounds for a while but I've not yet heard of anyone being refused care when they moved back permanently, only the health tourists.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ht006d5256 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Jool tell your friend she must inform the Spanish Authorities that she is moving back to the UK permanently then re-register with a General Practitioner in the UK to get NHS treatment failure to do this she will be charged for any non emergency treatment
Howard

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm

THanks, I will. You do have to be resident in UK for 6 months now before you are eligible for any NHS care (its official government advice) but when she is in the UK she is well and her condition improves so she can look after herself for 6 months.......the 3 months is that if you leave the UK and live abroad for 3 months or more then you have to re-qualify serving the 6 months before re-eligible again on NHS there. This is why there are less pensioners in Spain for the 6 winter months........

Personally for people who are still paying taxes in the UK I think its a bit off.....either we are EU or we are not.....but its getting off topic, she needs somewhere to live first!!! Without that she will definitely be ill!

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ht006d5256 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Jool I have in front of me(sent 4 days ago) and I quote "If you or a dependant member of your family are covered by E121 arrangements and decide to return to live permanently in the UK you and your family members must inform the Spanish Authorities and then re-regiister with a General Practitioner to get normal NHS treatment and services" unquote it is possible rules have changed but the paperwork hasnt so would suggest your friend rings the phone number they have given me for any queries it is 00441912181999 I hope it all works out well for your friend
Howard

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:33 pm

THanks Howard.

Please can anyone help with accommodation for her, she is desperate and for some reason the post responses went right off topic......although I am sure she appreciates everyone caring.