Cadastre

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
fljordan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cadastre

Postby fljordan » Mon May 12, 2008 8:57 am

What is the Cadastre ? The Cadastre is an administrative register dependent on the Treasury Ministry in which urban, rural and special real estate properties are described. The cadastral description of properties comprises their physical, economic and juridical characteristics, including location and cadastral reference, surface area, use or destiny, type of crop or exploitation, classification of structures, graphic representation, cadastral value and registered owner

Who can request Cadastre information ? Cadastral information may be requested by any person or entity interested in obtaining it. However, access to protected data (name, surnames, company name, fiscal domicile, fiscal identification number of those registered as owners in the Cadastre, and the individualized cadastral values of properties) is only permitted to the owners of each property or those who have their express, written consent.
In addition, the following persons will have access to protected cadastral data:

Registered owners of neighboring parcels, except the cadastral value.

Holders or co-holders of real rights or of lease or partnership over properties registered in the Cadastre.

Heirs or successors in relation to the properties of the deceased or transferor registered in the Cadastre.

How can I request Cadastre information ? Through the Cadastre Virtual Office, by post, in the Cadastre Provincial Office or in the Central Services of the General Directorate of the Cadastre.

What taxes are calculated in accordance with cadastral value ? Municipal Property Tax, Municipal Urban Land Gains Tax, Income tax, Capital tax, Succession, Gift and Property Transfer Tax.

Are market and cadastral value equivalent ? No, normally cadastral value is lower.

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Catastro

Postby ICCSL » Mon May 12, 2008 3:23 pm

fljordan - you are referring to the Catastro and Catastral Information not as you have stated "Cadastre".

The link to the Oficina Virtual del Catastro is below:-

http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/
Tina

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Tina
I thought you where a mere estate agent, are you suggesting that a member of the legal profession, after years of training and earning high fees, has got it wrong? :twisted: :D :twisted:

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

fljordan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fljordan » Mon May 12, 2008 3:59 pm

As far as I know Cadastre is an english word and Catastro is an spanish word. But It is the same thing

'cadastre
n. register of lands, their values and owners. cadastral, a. cadastration, n. making this. © From the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia'

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 12, 2008 4:06 pm

I think that foreigners in Spain are more familiar with the word 'Catastro' than Cadastre. Trying to Anglicise Spanish words just causes confusion.

Imagine trying to Anglicise 'Tráfico' or 'Hacienda'.

julian
Andalucia Guru

catastro

Postby julian » Mon May 12, 2008 4:14 pm

trying to explain the unexplainable also causes confusion, the catastro is a chaos here, and trying to deal with the civil servants working in it is quite a test of anyone´s patience.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 12, 2008 6:13 pm

My spell checker always wants to change the word 'catastro' into 'catastrophe'. It seems to have hit the nail on the head. :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 12, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ICCSL » Mon May 12, 2008 10:36 pm

gerryh wrote:Hi Tina
I thought you where a mere estate agent, are you suggesting that a member of the legal profession, after years of training and earning high fees, has got it wrong? :twisted: :D :twisted:

Cheers
Gerry
Good one Gerry :roll:
Tina

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm

If you click on this and scroll almost to the bottom of what is a lengthy page, you will see a yellow box containing info pertaining to Google Earth - click on it and you can view your own house with the catastral overlay on it. Very interesting. Only thing is you need a fast connection and the Google Earth software already on your pc in order to successfully view (if I'm not mistaken!)

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/servicio ... =m2&im=m2i

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue May 13, 2008 2:43 pm

This is a great find Nige but its a good few years out of date......shows a thriving plastic greenhouse near to us and that is well ruined and with only plastic tatters remaining now....

But its a helpful reference point..........thanks for sharing it

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Yep, good link.....cheers.
I use this one though which appears to have descriptions of the actual house as well as the land.
Click on the land number to see the details and then click on numbered box over the house for the casa details. Use "catastro+"

http://www.goolzoom.com/

Kenny

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Tue May 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks Kenny - much more up to date!

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon May 19, 2008 2:47 pm

And "Castrato" is a gelding of a different colour!

sacromonte
Tourist

googlzoom

Postby sacromonte » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:13 am

Know I'm a bit thick, but can't get this to work. I have the referencia catastral del inmueble no, the poligono and parcela number etc., but can't get it to work. Any help would be apprecited

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:30 am

Click on 'Dirección' in the top right hand corner and choose the search method you want to use. Type in the details then click on 'Buscar'

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:01 am

I had the same problem this morning. I think you will find that the Catastro site is being upgraded over the weekend. None of the links seem to work at the moment. There was a note about it on their site.

Try again on Tuesday.

Sid

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:25 pm

FOr anyone living in the Torrox area, check out the latest hi-res images on Google Earth! Much more detail!

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

The web site is back up and running now. Can't see any difference for the 4 day downtime!

http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/
nil illegitimum carborundum