Moving to Andalucia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Shawnpgh

Moving to Andalucia

Postby Shawnpgh » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 pm

I am currently living in russia but will be moving to Andalucia with my Spanish fiancee. russian is my only fluent language but she is fluent in Spanish . I am looking for a profession in the hotel industry. Although I am not stuck on working in this field, I am looking to move to a good russian Expat community where I will have other oppurtunities. Housing is also something we will be looking into. Renting at 1st is probably a priority till we get to know the area good. I would appreciate any input in these areas and it will be much appreciated. I am really looking forward to living in this area!!! Shawn from Pugachyov(PGH), RUSSIA
Last edited by Shawnpgh on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:23 am

Hi there - are you English or American ? I only ask as from what I have read on various site you need to get a visa to be able to come over. Not sure about your fiancee but best to check for her as well.

Not sure about whether you would be able to continue in your field of engineering without fluent Spanish but as you say you are will to change if necessary.

One piece of advice I would give is if you need to work - find a location near to where you think you may be working - for instance - if you are only fluent in English it may be best to live close to Gibraltar etc.

Good luck in your quest :D :D :D
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 am

There is a company based at Seville airport, cant remeber the name, perhaps Don will be able to give you more help?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 am

I suggest you contact the Spanish consulate in USA and ask them a bout getting your qualifications ratified to work in Spain. This process can take several months but it increases your chances of work enormously. I believe english is the international language of aeronautical engineering so you should not have too much trouble. A crash course in spanish would help you though as some spanish engineers do not always have a good level of english.

notrealllyblond

Postby notrealllyblond » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:16 pm

I checked and he will be fine once we are married. I get my residence because of my Hungarian citizenship and he will get his automatically as my husband. The EU Court ruling couple of months ago, pretty much kicked out all arbitrary on that matter in any EU country. If you are an EU citizen, your non-EU citizen spouse has all the right to live in the country, where you reside and none of the local governments are decision points on that any longer. You file the paperwork and you get it. That's the law.

I have a question though. Does he need return ticket to come as a tourist? Or if a US citizen comes with one way ticked and sufficient funds it will be still ok? What are the experiences on it? I am just interested, because the only problem may be if he is not let in to the country the first place.
Rookiekookie wrote:Hi there - are you English or American ? I only ask as from what I have read on various site you need to get a visa to be able to come over. Not sure about your fiancee but best to check for her as well.

Not sure about whether you would be able to continue in your field of engineering without fluent Spanish but as you say you are will to change if necessary.

One piece of advice I would give is if you need to work - find a location near to where you think you may be working - for instance - if you are only fluent in English it may be best to live close to Gibraltar etc.

Good luck in your quest :D :D :D

Shawnpgh

Moving to Andalucia

Postby Shawnpgh » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:25 pm

I would be moving from the russia and have citizenship here. I will be getting married to my fiancee who has a Spanish citizenship. I little more info if it helps. Thanks. Shawn Pugachyov(PGH) Russia
Last edited by Shawnpgh on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:46 am

When are you getting married ?
Life is always better with a glass of wine in your hand - and a few bottles in the wine rack !!!

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:38 am

Have you contacted the Flight Training School in Jerez with regards to teaching new pilots? They have a good expat community on contract living in Jerez and in El Puerto de Santa María.
http://www.flighttrainingeurope.com/
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:18 pm

pilgrim wrote:There is a company based at Seville airport, cant remeber the name, perhaps Don will be able to give you more help?
That'll be EADS:
http://tinyurl.com/6cka4q
Brian.

Shawnpgh

Postby Shawnpgh » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks for the responses. Lis48, I am not a pilot but a hotel tech
Last edited by Shawnpgh on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notrealllyblond

Postby notrealllyblond » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Rookiekookie wrote:When are you getting married ?
Once we get there, on Gibraltar. English ceremony, not a lot of hassle. (I can get by with my Spanish, but not as fluent either. Just what I picked up in the last 3 years in Mexico :) )